Defiance AnTi, n Carbon barrel, what would you build?

Would there be another option? I guess that is what I'm asking, just based of the body diameter of the cartridges you listed the feed rails wouldn't be able to do both from BDL right?
I would think that could be solved with a separate mag box that could be changed when doing the barrel swap, but I really have no idea. I leave the technical challenges to my smith, lol. I was 98% leaning toward a DBM setup anyway though, since my stock is inlet for an M5 bottom. I had looked at the M5 floorplate setup from Hawkins as an option, but I'll likely just go with DBM, so I'm not sure it will be an issue for me.

I really like the Bob, but in a std action could be tight if I wanted run those new Blackjacks, but the 25 Creed, i'm liking that idea! I've got a 6 and 6.5 SLR i'm playing with but figured a lit guys might consider that to far off the edge...all good ideas so far...might have to look at a Sherman Short though n educate myself.
I'd run 22, 25 or 6 creed!!! Them Sherman's are sweet too but I haven't had the pleasure to close the deal on a barrel yet. I think if I did the 257 bobber I'd run with a fast twist in a long action and possibly AI it.

Moving into a Long Action is a different Animal. Why go AnTi?
You going big or long or light... all bring elements that chane the equation. With a 257 Weatherby, 300 Win, or a 375 H&H built right your good with pretty much any Long Action. I bought an Anti to see how light to go with building a light weight rounded rifle. I've build RSAUMs which pretty much match the Sherman's was curious what guys input would be with a std bolt face building an ultra light rifle would be...
Not trying to be a butt head, just trying to narrow the input
Dallas from LPR got me right at 6.3# using a Tuebor Ti legion short mag action, McMillan Game scout, Proof sendero 24", 3 round Am magazine, Hawkins precision m5 bottom metal, TT trigger and Talley rings. Just to give you a weight idea.

7mm-08 or 308. Why is everyone throwing the "old standards" to the wind. Both are cheap to load, components are easy to find, and their performance are nothing but tested and true. Imagine your quest in lightweight is for hunting. Had a trip to Texas hunt and my 338 RUM ammo got lost in the travel. try finding that in a sporting good shop or all those wildcats listed. 308 and 7-08 are everywhere if you got in the pinch I was in...by way friend offered up his 30-06 so the hunt could happen.
What's a 7-08 or .308? Jk I love the .308 it's kinda amusing how quick we forget about the timeless classics with all this new stuff going on!!!

7mm-08 or 308. Why is everyone throwing the "old standards" to the wind. Both are cheap to load, components are easy to find, and their performance are nothing but tested and true. Imagine your quest in lightweight is for hunting. Had a trip to Texas hunt and my 338 RUM ammo got lost in the travel. try finding that in a sporting good shop or all those wildcats listed. 308 and 7-08 are everywhere if you got in the pinch I was in...by way friend offered up his 30-06 so the hunt could happen.

There is obviously nothing wrong with these cartridges, they have killed lots of game for decades. But, this is a Long Range Hunting site and people like high BC Bullets. These two cartridges do not push heavy for caliber bullets that well. As for specialty ammo, pack it in your gun case and you'll never have a problem.

Fit it with a WTO Switch Lug, chamber me up three Proof Carbon Fibers in a 22" 7 SAW (high-pressure 7mm-08), a 24" 6 Creedmoor and 16.5" 22 Creedmoor, give me a call when your done and I'll give you my credit card.

....or if its a mag bolt face, WTO Switch Lug, and three Proof Carbons in a 20" 338 Sherman Short, a 22" 7 SS, and a 18" 6 SS. Credit card standing by.

My 2 cents I would build a rem 350 mag. I know it is old school and all but I am a huge fan and always wanted to build a ultralight is 350 mag. Carry like a feather and hit like a run away truck beer truck haha...

I would probably give a .308 a shot with an 18" barrel. Would be an awesome gun for up here in North Idaho in the thick stuff. Would probably make a folder stock for it.
7mm 08, more effective in a short barrel. Benchmark did some testing on most effective/best ballistics from a short barrel ie under 20 inches. 7mm 08 had best results.

My 2 cents I would build a rem 350 mag. I know it is old school and all but I am a huge fan and always wanted to build a ultralight is 350 mag. Carry like a feather and hit like a run away truck beer truck haha...

I built a really cool scout rifle years back on a LH montana 1999 in a 350 I got offered I thought a kings ransom for it...but I probably had a kings ransom in it...I've been on the 338 RCM bandwagon (yeah I must be the only one) for the last few years. I really like it kind of the best of all--better bullet selection, little better case design--seems to like 18-20 in barrels...check it out there might be two of us then.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.