Defiance AnTi, n Carbon barrel, what would you build?

I'm planning one for the 1st of the year.

Thinking an an-ti with an 18-20 inch proof with a thunderbeast adapter.
AG stock in the 26 ounce range.
Bdl bottom metal
Trigger tech
3-18x44 vx6hd in Talley

30 sherman max or similar throated for the 245 bergers.
That'll be a beast!

I really like the Bob, but in a std action could be tight if I wanted run those new Blackjacks, but the 25 Creed, i'm liking that idea! I've got a 6 and 6.5 SLR i'm playing with but figured a lit guys might consider that to far off the edge...all good ideas so far...might have to look at a Sherman Short though n educate myself.
The Sherman Shorts use a .534 SAUM bolt face. So if you already have a standard .473", need to get a new bolt.

Last edited:
Kind of old school Mule Deer set up.
McMillian light Game Warden with blind mag will ship soon. Anti Long action Magnum Bolt face ordered month ago so about November. Proof S Light 24" 1:8 twist for .277 Wby. Schmidt Bender P11 10 x 42 but currently no luck finding this scope new.

Moving into a Long Action is a different Animal. Why go AnTi?
You going big or long or light... all bring elements that chane the equation. With a 257 Weatherby, 300 Win, or a 375 H&H built right your good with pretty much any Long Action. I bought an Anti to see how light to go with building a light weight rounded rifle. I've build RSAUMs which pretty much match the Sherman's was curious what guys input would be with a std bolt face building an ultra light rifle would be...
Not trying to be a butt head, just trying to narrow the input

Last edited:
I've built a few 6.5 RSAUMs and light weight 6 and 6.5 Creeds already. Just got a hold of my first Defiance AnTi, its like nothing weight wise, couldn't imagine anything but a Proof Sendero Light or a new Bartlein #4 contour for a build. Its a std bolt face (not sure the mag face was even avail at time of order) other than a 260AI, I cannot think of other choices that would appeal to others after I build it...input guys?

Anti short action (medium)
Carbon 18- 20 in 338 1-9 chambered 338 RCM
Carbon Manner EH1 or EH-4
ADL bottom metal with atlasworks trigger guard
Triggertech trigger

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts