Defiance AnTi, n Carbon barrel, what would you build?

Looking forward to seeing it. The reamer just came in the other day for mine. 7SS, AnTi short action mag bolt face, Hells Canyon Carbon fiber 20" 1:8 twist, XLR Element magnesium chassis and triggertech diamond trigger. I put up pictures when I get the barreled action back from the gunsmith and get it all put together.

I've been considering ordering this same action and a bartlein #4 CFW at 20" with Mesa precision altitude stock (25oz) and chambering in 6 dasher.

73FD8035-4141-42B5-8C80-BA8422B80BA9.jpeg

my build off AnTi action, 6lbs 4oz without suppressor...associated rail, rings n scope next photo...we'll see what that weights out at...
D69E3713-2B02-4D53-BB47-847DBCA10E46.jpeg

Got to love a quick turnaround from the gunsmith. Reamer got here Monday, dropped the barrel, action, reamer and go-gauge off Tuesday and got the barreled action back today! Just installed the trigger and dropped it in the stock just a few minutes ago. Defiance AnTi, Hells Canyon Ultralight summit 20" 1:8 twist chambered in 7 Sherman Short, triggertech diamond and XLR Element magnesium with all the carbon fiber hardware and side folding adapter.

Attachments

• IMG_6636.JPG
    IMG_6636.JPG
    976.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_6637.JPG
    IMG_6637.JPG
    884.4 KB · Views: 135
Got to love a quick turnaround from the gunsmith. Reamer got here Monday, dropped the barrel, action, reamer and go-gauge off Tuesday and got the barreled action back today! Just installed the trigger and dropped it in the stock just a few minutes ago. Defiance AnTi, Hells Canyon Ultralight summit 20" 1:8 twist chambered in 7 Sherman Short, triggertech diamond and XLR Element magnesium with all the carbon fiber hardware and side folding adapter.
Weight? I'm gonna be building the same gun, folding stock and all, but instead with a 20" stainless fluted 7.5 twist 25 cal for the 25 ss, and a savage left hand action. My action will be heavier, but barrel will be similar!!

Weight? I'm gonna be building the same gun, folding stock and all, but instead with a 20" stainless fluted 7.5 twist 25 cal for the 25 ss, and a savage left hand action. My action will be heavier, but barrel will be similar!!
I don't have a great scale for measuring rifle weights, I do the stand on the scale and get my weight and then hold the rifle and subtract, it's close enough at least for me. I was thinking it was going to be lighter but I'm getting 6 lbs 4oz as an average from my crude method. I try not to weigh rifles, they are heavier when you know what they actually weigh. I thought my 338 Lapua was around a 15 lbs rifle full up with scope, bipod, mag and ammo and suppressor. Weighed it one day because a buddy asked and it was 17.5 lbs just the gun, no scope or anything. It immediately felt heavier after knowing.

Last edited:
I don't have a great scale for measuring rifle weights, I do the stand on the scale and get my weight and then hold the rifle and subtract, it's close enough at least for me. I was thinking it was going to be lighter but I'm getting 6 lbs 4oz as an average from my crude method. I try not to weigh rifles, they are heavier when you know what they actually weigh. I thought my 338 Lapua was around a 15 lbs rifle full up with scope, bipod, mag and ammo and suppressor. Weighed it one day because a buddy asked and it was 17.5 lbs just the gun, no scope or anything. It immediately felt heavier after knowing.
That is pretty light, I was hoping to keep mine under 7 lbs bare rifle weight, sounds possible!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.