Defensive Edge Build

head2h2o

I have been talking to Shawn over at Defensive Edge about doing a build for me. Just curious if any of you guys that have had a build dome by him would be willing to share pics of your builds. I am trying to decide on just straight up black or a camo pattern of some sort.

Had a 338 edge built, from shawn. Awesome to deal with and would recommend to anyone. I will post some pics later. His guns shoot better then most can shoot them.

+1 on what Yama said !

He is DA'MAN !!

I have shot alot of critters with mine now and my only miss came from a dialling error on my behalf. I have not seen a gun shoot as well Down Under as this thing does. My rifle has changed many guys opinions on what can be done on BIG GAME at Long Range.

You will not be disappointed with a rifle from Shawn. You can count on that !

Check the edge thread currently going. Saw some of his as well as my own one there.

Good shooting

DUH

I recently took delivery of a .338 Edge from Shawn. It's only been to the range once, so I can't give a full performance review.

I can say it appears very well built. Initial testing is putting 300 grain SMK's into .6" groups on average at 100 yards and I know it will do better. This is just trying different charges of H1000, not adjusting seating depth yet. Also these are the first rounds, breaking in the barrel and fireforming brass.

The brake really surprised me with how effective it is at reducing recoil. I was bracing for impact on the first shot, and it barely kicked as much as an average .308 Win.

So far my experience has been the same as Shawn's many other satisfied customers.

Edge001.JPG

Edge003.JPG

Edge007.JPG

The build took a long time (mostly waiting on components) but it was well worth it. Someone needs to light a fire under Berger's *** so they get their .338 VLD's rolling!

I recently took delivery of a .338 Edge from Shawn. It's only been to the range once, so I can't give a full performance review.

I can say it appears very well built. Initial testing is putting 300 grain SMK's into .6" groups on average at 100 yards and I know it will do better. This is just trying different charges of H1000, not adjusting seating depth yet. Also these are the first rounds, breaking in the barrel and fireforming brass.

The brake really surprised me with how effective it is at reducing recoil. I was bracing for impact on the first shot, and it barely kicked as much as an average .308 Win.

So far my experience has been the same as Shawn's many other satisfied customers.

Edge001.JPG

Edge003.JPG

Edge007.JPG

The build took a long time (mostly waiting on components) but it was well worth it. Someone needs to light a fire under Berger's ***** so they get their .338 VLD's rolling!

Did anyone else catch that? Bryan Litz, from Berger, can't even get Berger's to shoot out of his .338 and has to resort to shooting SMK's. How Ironic, I mean how sad for Berger's sake.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.