Defensive edge brake awesome!!!!!

J

JEREMY logan

I just wanted to post my experience with shawns brake. I have only shot two brakes ever and both were radial style . My rifle kicks like a little 243 :D that's what I was hoping for. I shot 12 rounds very quickly and felt nothing .. I have a heavy contour barrel and I don't have to hold it with my left hand at all. One thing I was dreading was the muzzle blast from the brake , to be honest I didn't even notice any. That's what impressed me the most. My dad has a 7mm rifle with accu brake it parts your eye brows if their long lol not my brake i'm very pleased with it . Thanks shawn for a wonderful product.....

I just shot my 300 RUM Sendero for the first time today. It has a Defensive Edge brake on it. (the one inch). It shoots the same as my 6mm Remington if not lighter. Even my buddy commented on how little the rifle recoiled. It did not jump up. The blast to the side was not that bad either. The gun shot 3/4" groups. It is a joy to shot this thing. I am going to order one for my 7mmSTW. I am very satisfied with this brake and highly recommend it. The quality of this brake is excellent. Call me a wussy for putting one on but i can shoot this thing in a T-shirt.

300rum with the 1" DE brake shoots like a 243 or less. A few others at the range have had a go and commented the same thing.

I'm not sure on the not too much blast though! If I leave my gun bag on the bench it can get blown off the bench onto the ground. I fired once with out muffs and that was enough.

Cant have both no recoil and no noise.

joel0407 , I agree that the brake has blast but it does not direct it into your face like the other ones i've shot in the past.

joel0407 , I agree that the brake has blast but it does not direct it into your face like the other ones i've shot in the past.

Yeh, I'll agree with that. Blast for the shooter is not too bad but the noise is still there.

Not that I'm complaining the brake is fantastic but there is always a trade off.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts