• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Defensive Edge 338 Edge For Sale

Qzilla

Well, I am selling one of my babies! Luckily I had Shawn build me two identical rifles!

I am a 257 WBY junky at heart and I have some 25 cal projects going on so I need to make some room.

I am the original owner of this rifle and I have had it since Nov. 2006

Rifle has less than 150 rds down the barrel. I don't have an exact round count because I do not shoot it off the bench unless I am adjusting the zero. I never did any load development or anything other than shoot it a handful of times at paper and then I went hunting!

I have killed whitetail out to 1005 yards with this gun.

Specs:

Rem 700 Stainless LA
30" Hart, Radial Fluted
DE Brake
HS Precision Stock
DE Adj Cheek piece
HS Precision Detachable Box Mag
Jewel trigger
NF 20 MOA 1-piece base
NF Rings
AIC Cosine Indicator
NF 8-32-56 NP-R2

Asking $4500 OBO

It is possible to split the rifle and scope up but, I would prefer to sell it as a package.

I had Shawn bead blast the gun instead of finishing it because I had planned on dipping it but, that never happened! There are no major blemishes but, I have hunted a lot with this rifle so it is not "new". It is in fantastic shape.

This rifle has not been shot since Dec of 2007!!!

This is the only picture I have right now. If someone gets really interested I will take some more.

338edgexv7.jpg

Here are some threads I have made about this particular rifle on this board, there are also some more pictures of the rifle in the real world:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f23/another-satisfied-338-edge-owner-18943/
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/headed-kansas-edge-19272/
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/549-yard-buck-19515/
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/1005-yard-whitetail-25861/

Best way to reach my is by email [email protected]

If you have any questions, comments or reasonable offers feel free to contact me!

For some reason I am just now finding out a bunch of the emails you guys have sent have been going to my spam filter.

I am responding to those now. If you sent me an email and I have not gotten back with you please let me know.

Sorry about that!

Ok, I am going to add a bunch of pictures since it is easier than emailing a pile of them to everyone. If there is something I did not take a picture of let me know. Photography is not my thing!

I purposely tried to show, highlight or take a specific picture of anything that is not 110% perfect.

Also, I am going to break down the price if I break the rifle down.

Rifle $2750
Scope $1300
Rings and Bases $200

Yes, I know that is lower than the original amount, I have been haggling and that seems to be about where we are at. If you want to make an offer feel free.

There is 1 blemish on the scope, it is not a scratch but, looks like a twig or something small ran down part of the front of it?? It is not really a scratch and you cannot feel it, you can just see it. I have not tried cleaning it off or anything yet.

There is a chip in the very end of the sunshade that is very small and a couple of the same "rub" marks or whatever they are. I took pictures of it.

The glass is 100%

The rifle has 1 blemish and that is on the pistol grip, it has a small chip in the stock at the edge of it, I also took a picture.

There are some shiny spots on the muzzle brake and barrel but, it is because it is just lightly bead blasted. I think the shiny spots come from the case or something? Who knows, but, that is what the shiny spots are if you see them.

Rings and bases have no blemishes that I can see on them.

Remember, I hunted this rifle and I did not even bother to wipe it down for pictures.

338 Edge Marking:
DSCN0052.jpg

Muzzle Brake:
DSCN0042.jpg

DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

Side 1:
DSCN0043.jpg

Side 2:
DSCN0047.jpg

HS Box mag and Jewel 1:
DSCN0045.jpg