Defensive Edge 260 Rem

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
Just finished a 260 Rem for my first female to be in an upcoming LRH class. It is a Rem 700 SA with Hart 26" Sendero taper fluted barrel, DE brake, DE recoil lug, DE cheekpiece, McMillan A5 Edge fill, Harris 9-13 "S" with pod-loc, NF direct mount, NXS 3.5-15x with NPR1 and zero stop, ACI ACD, Coyote teflon and desert pattern stock. I post how it flys at the class later.
260HALLS.JPG

Everytime i see on e of your rifles, I drool. Im trying to save my pennies but at the rate that i am it will be years before i can even think about getting on of your rifles.

Are you sitting down .... it weighs 8.6 lbs without optics!!! The Edge fill is McMillans very light fill tech and a carbon fiber layering instead of glass, very light. My only instructions were to make it packable, desert colored, make sure it has all necessary bells / whistles and shoot like the wind.

Sounds like a wonderful rifle that was very well designed for the shooter and it will be interesting to hear how the shooter does in the class. Perhaps more interesting to hear how she does this fall hunting.

That's one sweet looking rifle. I too plan on having Shawn build me a rifle someday. I can't wait to see how well it shoots.

Eew! Eew! Eew! Shawn, dang it! You are sly! That, no doubt, is going to one sweet shooting, low recoiling, accurate thumper; and I don't mean thumper as in recoil. I have a feeling, you'll be able to self spot hits with that rig.

My problem is I have finally found my Alaskan Grizzly outfitter. He has the openings, the price is right, I've been given the green light at work and at home, but I just can't decide whether to go this September or wait 10 months and go next spring. With that in mind, one of your rifles is not going to be possible. Dang it!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts