Defective Accubonds???

dwm

So is the plastic tip supposed to be straight? (Sarcasm)

What do I do with the ones that the plastic tip is bent off to one side?

Send them back?

Doug

These are 7MM - 160 GR Nosler Accubonds.

I would send them directly back to Nosler, not via a store or the shop you got them from. They are interested in this type of thing, also include any markings on the box that will give production info.
That stuff is not supposed to get out the door, but it happens. Not sure if you can aligne them yourself but if they straightened out they would probably shoot fine. I had some lead-tipped spitzers once that did not have a point, looked like a cutoff piece of rod sticking out of the nose and they all grouped as well as the properly shaped bullets from that box. No doubt at long rang they would have gone very bad.

Bought some SST seconds (note the seconds) that had bent tips too. At 250yds, the accuracy was little different from the straight bullets (under 1/3 MOA).

Haven't tried shooting a lot at LR yet. I did try some at 1km but the winds were so bad that I was not hitting with the good bullet either.

I would send them back to the factory. Why bother when you have paid for perfect bullets?

Jerry

I hope they aren't rushing them out the door just to fill the pipeline. I like what I've read and heard about them and am looking forward to trying them.

There is not a large percentage of defective ones.

I may just use the bent ones for foulers ...

I didn't like the Sierra MatchKings that were cut off at a small angle instead of being straight and had media stuck in the end of them either.

Doug

check there web site, I think they have a section for that. They want to know about that type of thing. I buy a lot of seconds for hunting and have a hard time finding anything wrong with them. I know someone that use to work for them, he told me if the bullets are touched by bare hands they are seconds!
Tom

Semper-Fi

I got two bent tipped bullets in a box of Hornady Interbonds. Thought about sending them back, but didn't want to waste my time and money on postage. Shot them through my chrony. The velocity was consistent with the others I had chronied.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts