Def Edge Advanced Class

BH Hunter

Shawn and Bob:
I enjoyed the classes w/ the two of you. It was very well put together and I think all of us learned a lot. My goal was to improve my ability and range while hunting. I showed up w/ a 7, while everyone else had 338's. We stretched the range to about 1700. You could really see the advantage of the big dog when you ran into any wind. I could have been more prepared, I didn't have my ballistic program as dialed in as I could have. My weather station needs improved, my tripod is not good enough. Shawn knew this would be a problem so he had one on hand in case I showed up without a new one.
We camped out, and started shooting at daybreak. The conditions were very good and we got a lot of shooting in. We sat around a nice campfire and watched send it volume 2.
All of the guys were good shooters and we had a very good time. Some of the finer points that I think we all took home with us was, the importance of cheek weld. If we didn't have a good cheek weld you paid the price. Things had to be perfect once you got much past 1000 yards. Consistent hand loads were a must.

BH,

It was a pleasure having you there, glad you learned and had a good time both. Let us know how it all pays during hunting season (I know you have 2 or 3 tags :)).

There were two 338 Edges, one Lapua and one wildcat that I had not heard of. The last class someone shot a Lapua as well. The guys shot the same dope for the most part. They looked to be nearly ballistic twins. Guy shot his w/ factory ammo which was about $4.50 a pop. I was very impressed w/ the Edge's.

I have been shooting for many years and attended Shawn's basic class about 2 years ago and had a great time. I really learned alot from Shawn and his father, Bob. They both help me bring my long range shooting to the next level. I plan to attend their advanced long range class in the near future.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.