Deer Season Tomorrow!

Steve Douglass

Hey guys, I haven't posted in quite a while, but I wanted to share my excitement that my season for rifle opens to tomorrow. The truck is packed, I'm here at work taking care of last minute details and I'll be on the road by 11:00. So, if there are any California hunters out there, I'm heading to Reyes Creek Camp ground off Lockwood Valley Road up near Frazier Park. Zone A. Wish me luck.

Good luck, I will be at Cache Creek tomorrow, I already saw a few bucks during archery season, Had one come within 15 yards but he was too small so I didn't shoot him hoping that my 12 year old brother can get him this weekend and I can get the nice 3 point I saw earlier /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Supposed to be hot though so I doubt that I will see anything during legal shooting hours. Frazier park is southern A zone right.

Well dog gone, I hunt B zones in nor cal and am heading out tomorrow to scout for deer for bow season that opens on the 20th. Hope to kill some big ones. And I wish you all down south the best of luck! POST PICTURES regardless of the range or size. We (the unsuccessful) can always use some encouraging pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I will try to post some of my trip as well.

Yes, Fraizer Park is southern A zone. I'm back and we spent the day in Santa Barbarba Canyon. The temps were up there, in the 90's at least. Didn't see any bucks, but I scared up a moderate size doe coming out along a river bed. She came up crossed the road and I watched her climb the hill. Waited for a while hoping that she had a buck following, but no. One of my team saw a couple does in another part of the canyon. We spoke to a couple CDFG officers and they had only tagged two bucks for the weekend. There were alot of guys out there, kinda surprised only two were gotten. Anyway, I had a great time and going back in a couple weeks. Good luck to all you guys.

I got back last night. It was hot and crowded but I managed to see a small buck while I was glassing some meadows early in the morning. but Could not get in range before he ducked into the brush. I probably saw 15 turkeys, and a few Elk (one really nice bull at 30 yards), but it must have been too hot and too crowded for the deer as I didn't see any dead bucks, but its a long season. Hopefully I won't regret passing on the small buck with my bow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.