Deer rifle for my wife???

Right on everyone thanks for the advice! She looked at the rifle and is not the biggest fan of the wood stock because lol "it dosent match her bow"! But I was wondering with only haven a 20in barrel should I take a look at something els other than 6.5 creedmoor?
Both the Creedmore and .260 Rem were developed as tactical calibers intended to be shot from short barrels so it's really not an issue.

Well we went down to the gun store and pulled the trigger on the savage lady hunter in the 6.5 creedmoor so in about 8 days we will see how is shoots! I'm going to mount an old leupold scope on it for now but anyone got any suggestions on a good scope? I was looking a the vortex viper pst 4-16x50 we both shoot competitive archery and like the idea of being able to dial the exact range! But if people have other suggestions I would love the input!

Well we went down to the gun store and pulled the trigger on the savage lady hunter in the 6.5 creedmoor so in about 8 days we will see how is shoots! I'm going to mount an old leupold scope on it for now but anyone got any suggestions on a good scope? I was looking a the vortex viper pst 4-16x50 we both shoot competitive archery and like the idea of being able to dial the exact range! But if people have other suggestions I would love the input!

Great choice! Let us know how it shoots! I have a vortex ps-t 4-16X50 and if you want to dial your longer shots then this scope will be perfect. Mine tracks 100% perfect and always comes back to my zero. However, when you crank it up to 16X its gets a little fuzzy, but it doesnt affect your ability to see your target and make an accurate shot. I shoot at 1in spots at 400 yards without issues. The reticle is VERY thin, but it does have an illuminated reticle so late shooting isn't an issue. For the money you can't beat them. I would like to try a Burris Veracity though. I hear those are nice.

Ok so I'm back on the hunt! The savage lady hunter was not what I was expecting! So now we are back on the hunt for a rifle!

Whatever you buy, remember that you lose muzzle velocity with a shorter barrel. Factories usually test at 24". 3000 fps at the factory may very well mean 2700, or even less, through a 20" tube. You lose range/energy quickly even with an excellent long-range cartridge.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.