Deer outlook western NY

rwk

Whats it look like a lot of folks i've talk with said it sucks, in the southern tier. North towns seem to get a good share of animals

Whats it look like a lot of folks i've talk with said it sucks, in the southern tier. North towns seem to get a good share of animals
Its been great here 25 animals down in our camp south or Rochester 5 bucks all in the 120s. Had a few monster's go down within 5 miles of us around 200" and a nice 166" across from my house. Check out ny big buck club on facebook.

I live 7 miles south of Olean,NY and all I see is coyote tracks with **** few deer tracks. I hunted every day of the regular and muzzleloading seasons and saw one buck maybe fifteen does the whole time. I used to see that many every day. I also saw a bobcat the first morning which was cool. I wish they would cut out the doe permits for five years. I have been hunting for fifty years and killed 52 bucks 3 does in NY and Pa two of the does were in Pa..

if NY adopted an antler restriction like PA that would help a lot.

I have been in northern NY since spring of 09 and while Hunting the only buck I have seen is a small 4 point, and then saw another 4point on trail camera this year and a bunch of doe

I see doe on a daily basis (2-3 groups of 3-6 all summer, then this winter it's one group of 4 and one group of 10-12 every day), 2 packs of coyotes living on the farm too but they seem to move out in the winter and the deer really start coming in hard.

another way to get the buck/doe ratio back where it should be is to tell your friends/neighbors that a liscense if for that individual...not for YOU to fill for them. I'm sure everyone on here knows someone that has a wife/kid that has a liscense and doesn't hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.