Deer, not long range

bamban

26 Dec this showed up on the game cam, Spypoint Flex.
spypoint_431993231841768.jpg

28 Dec it hit the ground hard. Used my shooting mat to drag it to the truck.
20221228_164322.jpg

Details of the rifle: R700, 28 inch KBI 30-06 Serengeti chamber, SRS Ti Pro 3 ST brake, 215 Bergers coming out 2835 pushed by N560, Trijicon Tenmile. Trained quite a bit with cold bore over time off the bipod. There were days I just fire one round for confirmation then it goes back in the truck and shoot other rifles.
20221115_115340.jpg

240 yards from the open shooting hide sandwiched between cedar trees to where it stood. Shot taken off a bipod, and shoulder, POI placed at the off switch. Bang-flop, no twitch. Not a fan of tracking, especially through the ravine between the hide and the clearing.
whitetailvitals_bones-1.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 423073

View attachment 423074

Details of the rifle: R700, 28 inch KBI 30-06 Serengeti chamber, SRS Ti Pro 3 ST brake, 215 Bergers coming out 2835 pushed by N560, Trijicon Tenmile. Trained quite a bit with cold bore over time off the bipod. There were days I just fire one round for confirmation then it goes back in the truck and shoot other rifles.
View attachment 423075

240 yards from the open shooting hide sandwiched between cedar trees to where it stood. Shot taken off a bipod, and shoulder, POI placed at the off switch. Bang-flop, no twitch. Not a fan of tracking, especially through the ravine between the hide and the clearing.
View attachment 423077
You are always such a professional. I never thought of shooting that high, but it makes so much sense to me now.
Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

View attachment 423073

View attachment 423074

View attachment 423075

View attachment 423077
You must have some really BIG feeders there to have that Steel Cable (yellow) coating to hold it up/ But Y'all do things big in TX.
Nice Buck Congrats and a good spot to shoot them. Hits the nervous system (got some experience with spinal cords).
Nice Rig!

You must have some really BIG feeders there to have that Steel Cable (yellow) coating to hold it up/ But Y'all do things big in TX.
Nice Buck Congrats and a good spot to shoot them. Hits the nervous system (got some experience with spinal cords).
Nice Rig!

The yellow thingy is a guy wire for electrical pole. The spot is part of the power line clearing that went down to the ravine and up on one side. The other side went up to another hill.

The yellow thingy is a guy wire for electrical pole. The spot is part of the power line clearing that went down to the ravine and up on one side. The other side went up to another hill.
Yea I know that it was for a Power Pole, Just trying to make you Texans look good with GAINT Feeders!
I saw the one small feeder there and figured that it was a bait feeder for the big one!