Deer kill with silencer

Roe I always enjoy your video's. Good camera work, not a lot of unnecessary build up, or dialogue. Always to the heart of the point you wish to make. Thanks!

I have had my suppressor for a few years now and have found that the other animals almost always just stand there or run towards me. The only downfall I find with suppressors is the added length and weight. Im always wanting to preserve velocity so i end up with a 26" barrel with 9" of suppressor. makes for a long rifle. Thanks for the video

26" + 9" certainly is a long rifle! I cut my barrels to 20" and the telescopic suppressor adds another 4" in front, the rest going back over the barrel.

Yeah, I know what you are saying about "buildup". In some TV shows I see, the "buildups" are quite irritating as they sometimes try to boil soup on a nail as we say in Norway.

Thanks for sharing. That's a serious rifle you have there. What kind of dog do you own?

Nice video, but may I make one suggestion...
Try blowing the bubbles next time, less likely to give away your position. :D:D:D

Just kidding of course!

That straight pull bolt is pretty slick.

Well actually it is so long since I was a kid and I cannot remember the proper water:soap ratio anymore. Trying to blow this solution yielded only soap sputter.

The dog is a german wirehair/ vorsther. Really skilled, but I don't own him, I just borrow him for these hunts.

The Blaser straightpull is a very nice rifle, but it is a little annoying to be limited in calibre selection. For instance, they have now discontinued the 6,5x284. I have 5 barrels, but when they are gone it is likely that I will convert to an ordinary bolt action again if not the 6XC. which they chamber.

Thomas,

They do have 6.5x284 as a chambering for R8, it is just not listed as a standard offering. It's a custom and comes at extra cost, but it's available. Also, .22LR for R8 is planned for 2015, so it's actually looking pretty good if you want to stay in the Blaser camp.

I have a 22LR barrel, using it nowhere near as much as I'd like. For the price of the barrel alone (not to mention mount) I could have bought a quality 22LR rifle plus scope or even a more useful calibre such as the 17 HMR or similar.

The dog is a german wirehair. I think the main difference with the silencer is that the reaction we refer to becomes more reliable. It is a little difficult to be empirical, but pre-silencer I shot 7-10 deer a week, now I take 3'ish a day (weather permitting). I simply get more chances.

I have a 22LR barrel, using it nowhere near as much as I'd like. For the price of the barrel alone (not to mention mount) I could have bought a quality 22LR rifle plus scope or even a more useful calibre such as the 17 HMR or similar.

The dog is a german wirehair. I think the main difference with the silencer is that the reaction we refer to becomes more reliable. It is a little difficult to be empirical, but pre-silencer I shot 7-10 deer a week, now I take 3'ish a day (weather permitting). I simply get more chances.
Nice, I love the hairy monsters, they just aren't made for my part of the world.

Indeed you can be more consistent than we can using the suppressor vs without. I try to plan my long range hunting so that I'm always shooting directly into the wind and of course here in NW Texas we have lots of it to work with! gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.