Deer Jerky

This season I plan to turn a whole deer into jerky. Any advice on dehydration oven. My wife will not let me use her kitchen

Nez
In the past, years ago, did it in a smoker with an electric space hater/fun and thermostat
I have Recently bought a used cabelas dehydrator, the largest one, but not used it yet. Hope to this year

Last edited:
Nez,
I know this is out there but I have buddy that makes jerky on gas grill. The temp control is the biggest issue but he claims it can be done by not lighting all the burners based upon some temp testing. You have to keep grill under 180 with range of 160-180..I think. He said once you have the temp control, you can walk away, but not too far..LOL! It might be worth looking into.

I usually dry the jerky in the sun for 2 days in the summer time. If I'm doing jerky in the winter I might use a dehydrator, but most likely dry it in the sun. Doesn't get cold here, it take 3 to 4 days to dry in the winter. We slice the meat, not grind it, just slice it, season it and the sun takes care of the rest.

Our favorites are:
- Sea salt and oregano
- Peppered
- Red chile powder, sea salt, garlic and oregano

I've used the dehydrator 3 times and it comes out good, but sun dried is way better.

I usually dry the jerky in the sun for 2 days in the summer time. If I'm doing jerky in the winter I might use a dehydrator, but most likely dry it in the sun. Doesn't get cold here, it take 3 to 4 days to dry in the winter. We slice the meat, not grind it, just slice it, season it and the sun takes care of the rest.

Our favorites are:
- Sea salt and oregano
- Peppered

I've used the dehydrator 3 times and it comes out good, but sun dried is way better.

Awesome, thanks.

I am looking at this as it floated to the top on search. They must be paying premium to advertise

Our favorites are:
- Sea salt and oregano
- Peppered

Might now work too well in areas where there is high humidity. You think?