Deer Hunting

timmymic

Hey Guys,

Looking at going out west next year with some friends and trying to decide where to go! So far I have been looking at WY and ID. One thing I thought was pretty awesome in ID was with their deer tag you can also "Valid to take a black bear or mountain lion, if a season is open for that species, instead of a deer where and when the deer tag is valid, and there is an open deer season in that same unit." I just don't know how much public land there is and if it is worth the drive from Wisconsin to do out there.

If your from the area I would appreciate any advice I could get!!

I haven't hunted Idaho but I've hunted Wyoming a number of times. IMO, either would be a good choice. Just make sure, regardless of where you hunt, to use a good GPS and the best GPS maps you can find. Islands of private land often occur within public land boundaries and conflicts can develop if you're not exactly certain of where you are.

I haven't hunted Idaho but I've hunted Wyoming a number of times. IMO, either would be a good choice. Just make sure, regardless of where you hunt, to use a good GPS and the best GPS maps you can find. Islands of private land often occur within public land boundaries and conflicts can develop if you're not exactly certain of where you are.

+1...while I was in Wyoming, I thought I was on public land and it turned out I was on a small piece of private land surrounded by public. Guy was a little bothered.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.