Deer hunting in Kentucky

SZairborne

Im moving from FT Hood Texas, to FT Knox Kentucky in November this year. I was wondering if anyone has any info on hunting areas around there.Within a hour or two of FT Knox. I would like to get out this season if i can. Public or military areas if possible.

Thanks
Shayne

I just moved from Hood to Knox last month. There is good hunting around here, and depending on what time in Nov you get here you might catch the rut. You can hunt on Ft Knox which has produced bucks in the 160 to 180 class with 140 class bucks being more numerous than any other. There is also 6,000 acres of state land nearby that I havn't looked into yet. The only thing with Knox land is that you can't use a rifle. Bow, Muzzleloader or Shotgun is the only way, but due to the vast timber here a rifle isn't really an advantage. It is taking me awhile to change to these Kentucky deer tactics, but I did get a doe with my bow two weeks ago and I'm going out again this weekend. Just look into the hunt control office, they'll get you strait. It's strait across from the class 6.

"Scouts Out"

I just moved from Hood to Knox last month. There is good hunting around here, and depending on what time in Nov you get here you might catch the rut. You can hunt on Ft Knox which has produced bucks in the 160 to 180 class with 140 class bucks being more numerous than any other. There is also 6,000 acres of state land nearby that I havn't looked into yet. The only thing with Knox land is that you can't use a rifle. Bow, Muzzleloader or Shotgun is the only way, but due to the vast timber here a rifle isn't really an advantage. It is taking me awhile to change to these Kentucky deer tactics, but I did get a doe with my bow two weeks ago and I'm going out again this weekend. Just look into the hunt control office, they'll get you strait. It's strait across from the class 6.

"Scouts Out"
Are you in the 3rd BDE 1st IN? Thats where im heading to. Ill probably end up in the STB with my job( UAV Operator). Maybe i could get more info from you when i get there.

Thanks
Shayne

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.