Deer hunting disappointment.

Ohlongarm

I've been watching for this buck since September, have seen him several times but he's a spooky one, here he is on trail cam.
Tonight he came in at 4:45 pm , it's single digits here, he presented a 35 yard broadside shot, which I could have easily taken with my Ten Point Vengent, loaded with a Grim reaper, but he's dropped one side already due to the extreme cold, talk about frustration, I passed and hope he survives till next year, That's deer hunting for you.

Attachments

• diss.jpeg
    diss.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 211
I've been watching for this buck since September, have seen him several times but he's a spooky one, here he is on trail cam.
Tonight he came in at 4:45 pm , it's single digits here, he presented a 35 yard broadside shot, which I could have easily taken with my Ten Point Vengent, loaded with a Grim reaper, but he's dropped one side already due to the extreme cold, talk about frustration, I passed and hope he survives till next year, That's deer hunting for you.
Wise move on your part. I hope he makes it until next year and you get a shot at him.

I think you should have shot him and had him mounted with the hornless side of his head 1/2 way in the wall!

Great on you! Shows some real personal beliefs for self and animals. Awesome example.

Great on you! Shows some real personal beliefs for self and animals. Awesome example.
THX, not the first time that's happened, and you've got to appease the animal gods periodically for them giving you opportunities, just my belief, all things relevant in the universe. I'll know if he makes it till next year as he's been seen often in my area, hopefully anyway.

Wow, still an open buck season this late in January. I would think quite a few bucks would be shot, thinking they were does due to horns dropping.

Time to go shed hunting

Went to same spot tonight, at 5:30 he sent his baby brother in, I took him, 40 yards broadside , Ten Point Vengent with a Grim Reaper broadhead , ran about 40 yards full tilt and cartwheeled in the snow recovered the arrow about 30 feet away. Less than ten minutes prior a big coyote came in , I could have taken him but passed, I've seen him twice this week , he'll be mine within a week.

Attachments

• jn.jpg
    jn.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 176
  • jn1.jpg
    jn1.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 175
  • jn2.jpg
    jn2.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 168
  • jn3.jpg
    jn3.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 167
I think you should have shot him and had him mounted with the hornless side of his head 1/2 way in the wall!
I actually have a taxidermist who has mounted Elk and Deer cutting them in half straight thru the centerline....with one half facing left the other right....so they are looking at each other and you mount them on a feature wall or especially your fireplace. At first I thought he was insane....until I saw them.

Recent Posts