Deer farts?

I only read the opening page UT I suffer from a similar curse!

But mine is caused by Turkey guts!

Throughout the 80's into the early 90's my father and I guided tyrkey hunts on a close friends ranch. At that time we ran the only guided turkey hunt where we called for clients. We didn't drop guys off at stands so they could shoot them over bait.

Soooooo....that meant we cleaned a lot of turkey for our clients! We had one of my dad's friend gude with us and everyone knew it was going to be a tough 7 hour ride back to Houston after a successful weekend.

I always assumed it was caused by breathing in the smell while cleaning them.

My wife and I have hunted the last two spring season and killed several turkey.

So far it has not happened one single time!

This is odd, I just listened to the Joe Rogan podcast and he talked about this exact phenomenon. Just a little confirmation bias, I'm sure. But still interesting.

I suppose you could try the same trick I use with a pot of beans to keep the flatulence to the minimum. I put a string in the pot and let it hang over the side. Try it with a deer carcass. Put the end of the string deep inside the carcass and let the other end hang over the outside close to the ground. This will give an opportunity for all the little stinkers to crawl out.:D:eek:
Guys and Gals: it's not the deer meat!! It's all the beer you drink while preparing and then consuming the meat that makes you smell so bad. What difference does it make, as long as you get the gas out before you get home?

I can confirm said phenomenon. This is something me and some of my hunting buddies noticed a long time ago. I can also confirm it has nothing to do with your diet as I have hunted many species and see a noticeable difference in flatulent odors correlating directly to the species. IE each is unique and smells similar to the guts of the animal processed, rabbit (really bad), deer, squirrel, duck, hog, and even domesticated bovine all unique. I would also like to point out that it has nothing to do with the consumption of the meat as it only occurs after the initial processing and often before any meat is consumed. May not happen to everyone, but there is no doubt in my mind this is 100% real occurrence.

Wow this long range hunting forum is really expanding it's subject matter. Maybe this question should be asked to...oh I don't know maybe a gastroenterologist...

Wow this long range hunting forum is really expanding it's subject matter. Maybe this question should be asked to...oh I don't know maybe a gastroenterologist...
Chances are a gastroenterologist wouldn't know what your talkimg about.
The way I see it, is of quite a few of us are reporting this, its not somwthing I'm going to be worried about now. Now, if no one else would have reported on this, I would thwn have talked to my doctor about it. I can now sleep good and not worry about this. Lol

Holy chit Mon 11 pages and I am still laughing.
But I have to admit eating all game meats makes me extremely gassy.
Just ask every one at work.

It's funny that you would wonder about deer passing air , I was in my stand early one afternoon in bow season .Two doe stopped under my stand to feed on some acorns . One passed air , and yes I did hear it , the other one jumped away from that one and stared at it . I couldn't help myself , I burst out laughing so hard I had to leave the stand
U are killing me !!!i was imagining the scene... i woke up my family laughing it's 6 in the morning !!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.