Deer farts?

Chlorophyll; the green stuff in plants. It can be bought in a bottle at a health food store or a store that sells weightlifting supplements. It will radically reduce the odor of your farts over time. I didn't believe it beforeI tried it. If you're interested in reducing the odor of your farts try it.

Chlorophyll; the green stuff in plants. It can be bought in a bottle at a health food store or a store that sells weightlifting supplements. It will radically reduce the odor of your farts over time. I didn't believe it beforeI tried it. If you're interested in reducing the odor of your farts try it.
Don't think I want to be the only one in camp that's unarmed

Something like that. But today I wore surgical gloves and the same story.

okay, if you have the same outcome with or without gloves.. it's not what you think. it could be however what combinations of foods you eat while at deer camp.
I have a not so rare condition called Celiac Disease (I can not process gluten a protein in flour/wheat). I have added effects of this that are truly ugly and the details I will spare you from. I am also allergic to grains not only not able to process them. Wheat and most all grains are off my menu. yes, a really hard thing to be afflicted with in this day of wonderful confections and wonderful breads. recently I found I was also very allergic to certain things in this world. one is cocoa. yes, allergic to the main ingredient in chocolate. I would analyze what you eat different while deer hunting and what you do not eat. it might help find the offending food or combination.
The upside of being afflicted with Celiac is.. I can and do eat lots of meat, lots of eggs, and wonderful fruits. no farts at all unless I eat something I am allergic to which includes some veggies. find your offending combo or foods that dislike your body and cut them out.

Im sitting in my deer blind, and dont think I'll be killing anything today. Reading this thread, I keep teying to hold my laughs in.

Since pheasant, duck, deer, etc. Cause bad gas, I came to the conclusion that burned gunpowder might be the culprit.
We need a vanilla flavored gunpowder.

well, I'm going with the brain / smell miss association link.
As I get older, I have this problem more and more.

I get a sent of sulfur and my brain says burning matches.
It fails to make the more logical association with the overly done hard boiled eggs I just ate and belched.

To those who are serious in this thread, this is what is happening.
Deer gutting does saturate your olfactory receptors, and they turn off.
(ever notice that if you are in a room and go out side, when you come back in...you suddenly notice the saturation smell of bacon that you weren't smelling when you left 10 seconds ago?)

Anyway, the fart smell, becomes now a echo of the deer smell, and you brain makes the miss-association.

It is real, but only to you.

IF I was standing in an elevator and you farted, I would not say "holy heck, you smell just like deer gutting" even though I know that distinctive smell very well.

It is a problem of scent saturation in your brain, and not any bacteria you are getting from the process.

If you plug your nose and put vapor rub under it while gutting, you will not have any problem with your farts subsequently.

Nice to know I'm not alone. The worst for me are after gutting dove or quail, stinks exactly like them. When I'm behind a car that guns it and I smell the nasty catalytic converter, mine will smell just like that too.

After a day of shooting black powder, pretty bad like sulpher. Basically what I smell I exude, thought it was my own hidden talent lol. After a day of bird hunting then cleaning them better watch out. Growing up my buddies noticed this and would say that smell exactly like quail guts, catalytic converter, black powder, etc....

The funniest was hunting after McDonalds one morning, smelled exactly like sausage egg McMuffins! We all smelled the same thing and was an indentical smell. We still laugh to this day about it more than 20 years later.

Last edited:
I don't get the bad farts from dressing wild game, but when I go down to Yellowstone Park, or any hot spring resort that has a strong sulphur smell, the next day my farts will smell just like sulphur. So I would have to say that when you inhale the bad gas, it goes directly to your lungs, and then into your blood stream, and out the other end. You might want to try "Bean-O." A friend uses it whenever he eats Mexican food, and swears by it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.