Deer farts?

You are doing it wrong if you abandon the area. Drop one with the wife and kid in tow at the grocery store and then slow down, don't speed up. If you think deer are on edge when they smell something, watch your wife and children as they scan for people coming so they can get outta dodge.

BTW...cooled seats, recycling 5 mins later..that's my new favorite.

Guys if you want to change your gassy May I suggest NULLO it is a internal deodorant. I usually start with 3 twice daily around July and by hunt date you farts will smell like fresh cut grass you poo will be the prettiest green, even your sweat will smell better my wife say again like cut grass just saying. http://nullo.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the last 15 years that I've been white tail hinting (all MN) I have (more so my wife) notices that my farts smell REALLY bad after I gut some deer. Ive never used gloves before this year to gut dear, but this year I used surgical gloves and its still bad. A couple of my close hunting buddies have also noticed and addmitted to this.
I speculate some dont want to admit it. My farts during deer season are so bad, I will leave an area myself after I pass gas.
I know some might not want to admit this publicly, just shoot me a pm, does this happen to you as well or is it just me and a couple buddies? Should I be wearing thicker rubber gloves?
It's the smell you inhale that makes your farts smell the same. Not just with deer guts. I've wondered about this for many years. Even eating deer meat makes may farts and other things .... Smell like deer guts. Crazy subject but glad somebody brave enough to bring up !

I don't get the bad farts from dressing wild game, but when I go down to Yellowstone Park, or any hot spring resort that has a strong sulphur smell, the next day my farts will smell just like sulphur. So I would have to say that when you inhale the bad gas, it goes directly to your lungs, and then into your blood stream, and out the other end. You might want to try "Bean-O." A friend uses it whenever he eats Mexican food, and swears by it.
Exactly

I'll have to agree with it's the smells we take in that makes for bad gas. When we used to butcher hogs that we'd raised dad would have horrible gas for 2 days later. Also when I worked construction when we'd start plumbing the odor of the pvc glue would give me horrible smelling gas. And that was not even in a confined space just out almost in the wide open

I call it my super powers. Being able to smell something bad and fart that same smell. I can gut antlope, deer, elk and mountain lions are the worst and fart that smell for 3 or 4 days and maybe a little worse. I should have my wife get on here and tell you guys all about it.
I chalk it up too I breathed it in and it's coming out.

Nice to know I'm not alone. The worst for me are after gutting dove or quail, stinks exactly like them. When I'm behind a car that guns it and I smell the nasty catalytic converter, mine will smell just like that too.

After a day of shooting black powder, pretty bad like sulpher. Basically what I smell I exude, thought it was my own hidden talent lol. After a day of bird hunting then cleaning them better watch out. Growing up my buddies noticed this and would say that smell exactly like quail guts, catalytic converter, black powder, etc....

The funniest was hunting after McDonalds one morning, smelled exactly like sausage egg McMuffins! We all smelled the same thing and was an indentical smell. We still laugh to this day about it more than 20 years later.

Super powers

So, I joined a long range shooting blog, great hunting, reloading info etc.
We've digressed into farts, farting and crop dusting wal-mart. I'm thinking I should leave this blog.

Over the last 15 years that I've been white tail hinting (all MN) I have (more so my wife) notices that my farts smell REALLY bad after I gut some deer. Ive never used gloves before this year to gut dear, but this year I used surgical gloves and its still bad. A couple of my close hunting buddies have also noticed and addmitted to this.
I speculate some dont want to admit it. My farts during deer season are so bad, I will leave an area myself after I pass gas.
I know some might not want to admit this publicly, just shoot me a pm, does this happen to you as well or is it just me and a couple buddies? Should I be wearing thicker rubber gloves?

Must be a Minnesota thing …….. Just kidding, but I used to hunt deer in northwestern MN with some buddies, and we talked about this phenomenon several times. We all agreed that we smelled like a gut pile, but I mentioned that I thought it was from living on jerky and protein bars all day, while tromping around chasing deer. Nobody was buying that, so I pointed out that we were standing in my buddy's barn eating pan-fried deer liver & onions, deer tenderloins, and home-fries, all while drinking a very malty home-brewed beer. Does anybody suppose that maybe this rich diet had something to do with it ?

Just about the time we were all settling into that idea as being the answer, Buster chimed in and commented about how it was very much like when we used to do a lot of duck hunting years ago, wading around in a swamp and jump-shooting mallards and woodies. He said this made his farts smell like a duck swamp for a couple of days.

As for myself, I don't think either a gut pile or a duck swamp makes much of a difference. Regardless of my diet or hunting activities, my farts smell like the monkey cage at the zoo. The only thing that is noteworthy is that my wife says it seems to be getting worse as I get older.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.