Deer farts?

Happens to me all the time. Not only that, but as a LE, when I am around either a fire scene or a decaying body, my farts smell like it for a couple of days after. Consider that you are breathing in scent molecules of whatever you are around. If you can smell it, it's entering your body.

I first realized this phenomenon after cleaning pheasants. I do get a similar reaction after gutting a deer. Although I do believe the outcome after cleaning pheasants is worse.

I like to use this phenomenon to toughen the boy up. That is I like to lock the windows in the truck when blessed with this wild ammunition.

I first realized this phenomenon after cleaning pheasants. I do get a similar reaction after gutting a deer. Although I do believe the outcome after cleaning pheasants is worse.

I like to use this phenomenon to toughen the boy up. That is I like to lock the windows in the truck when blessed with this wild ammunition.
Oh yeah and my F-150 has cooled seats so if you have a good one you can recycle it 5 minutes later by turning the cooled seat on and its just as bad. You get two farts for the price of one.

I can also attest to this problem, although not with deer as l haven't shot any, but with kangaroos it also happens and the worst l have found are fox's (l can empty a supermarket the day after fox shooting) and l don't eat fox, the way around this problem l have found is to stand close to a great looking woman with a child, once the deed is done, slowly walk away looking at them with a disapproving look, sure as eggs she will voice her innocence, and the more she does, the worse it looks for her,
Happy Hunting from the Master Farter.

Ps. Loving this thread

Wow - it's been 40 years since this happened to me. But, just to bolster the confirmation that this is a real phenomenon, in my teens we trapped and skinned extensively. Muskrats and fox had this same effect on a couple of us, but a couple of other guys were unaffected. Raccoons, coyote and beaver had less impact. It seemed to be due to odor inhalation, because if we moved the skinning operation to an open air barn, it was minimal. But that was too cold, so we went back inside the heated shed and learned to enjoy torturing our friends and family.

Just a wild *** guess but does adrenaline have anything to do with it? Some guys get pretty pumped up when hunting

I have to do some investigating now on where my wife goes when she isn't home. She must be cleaning deer for some hunting camp . She will run you out of the house !

You worry way too much. Like most women, she is just eating WAY too much food's food. You gotta get her to eat more meat.........

0648D968-B6D5-43E9-B322-436B286CF0A7.gif

The more I think about this, the more I think there may be some truth to it. In fact, there may be a scientific explanation. As an engineer, I can't help but consider the science seriously.

It is a well known fact that plant matter requires bacteria in the gut to break down the plant material. Meat can be digested without bacteria. The strain of bacteria affects the efficiency of the digestive process and is usually highly dependent on the host animal - different animals have different strains of bacteria in them.

It is also well known that various herbivores eat a healthy dose of adult feces in order to kick start their own digestive bacterial colony.

Bacteria are extremely small organisms that can be easily transported around in the air. That's why so many bacterial infections are spread through the air.

So, I'm thinking that it's entirely possible that SOME people might accidentally (surely not intentionally) be breathing in large doses of bacteria that end up in their own gut and thereby kickstarting their own colony of deer specific bacteria in their own gut which would then generate the same smells in their own flatulence......

Of course, this requires plant material in their own gut for the bacteria to feed on. Which explains why this doesn't happen to me. Yet another reason to stop eating foods food.

Various studies have also shown that the bacteria in our guts also directly influence our brains and thereby our behaviour. I am dead serious about this. Therefore, I advocate extreme caution for all those who exhibit deer gut odours in their own flatulential gases. It would be very unhealthy to start chewing your cud around friends and members of the family let alone chasing does around in the field with your nose down during the hunting season........

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.