Deer farts?

It's funny that you would wonder about deer passing air , I was in my stand early one afternoon in bow season .Two doe stopped under my stand to feed on some acorns . One passed air , and yes I did hear it , the other one jumped away from that one and stared at it . I couldn't help myself , I burst out laughing so hard I had to leave the stand
If this happens to deer, I wonder where we'd be with a moose???

The more I think about this, the more I think there may be some truth to it. In fact, there may be a scientific explanation. As an engineer, I can't help but consider the science seriously.

It is a well known fact that plant matter requires bacteria in the gut to break down the plant material. Meat can be digested without bacteria. The strain of bacteria affects the efficiency of the digestive process and is usually highly dependent on the host animal - different animals have different strains of bacteria in them.

It is also well known that various herbivores eat a healthy dose of adult feces in order to kick start their own digestive bacterial colony.

Bacteria are extremely small organisms that can be easily transported around in the air. That's why so many bacterial infections are spread through the air.

So, I'm thinking that it's entirely possible that SOME people might accidentally (surely not intentionally) be breathing in large doses of bacteria that end up in their own gut and thereby kickstarting their own colony of deer specific bacteria in their own gut which would then generate the same smells in their own flatulence......

Of course, this requires plant material in their own gut for the bacteria to feed on. Which explains why this doesn't happen to me. Yet another reason to stop eating foods food.

Various studies have also shown that the bacteria in our guts also directly influence our brains and thereby our behaviour. I am dead serious about this. Therefore, I advocate extreme caution for all those who exhibit deer gut odours in their own flatulential gases. It would be very unhealthy to start chewing your cud around friends and members of the family let alone chasing does around in the field with your nose down during the hunting season........
Wow, this is extremely interesting and to me, it makes total sense! Even the last sentence! lol

Guys if you want to change your gassy May I suggest NULLO it is a internal deodorant. I usually start with 3 twice daily around July and by hunt date you farts will smell like fresh cut grass you poo will be the prettiest green, even your sweat will smell better my wife say again like cut grass just saying. http://nullo.com/
http://nullo.com/
I just went to their website and I believe that this stuff is the "BOMB"! After reading what it does, I purchased some for myself. Thanks for posting this. I think it's really a winner!

When my dog farts he can clear out the house.He does not even have to be around deer.
I have a Basset Hound and when he farts, he "REALLY and LITERALLY" clears out the house. I even think his farts would fight "Up-wind" to get to you!!!
He darn near "Peels Paint" with his!!!

I have a Basset Hound and when he farts, he "REALLY and LITERALLY" clears out the house. I even think his farts would fight "Up-wind" to get to you!!!
He darn near "Peels Paint" with his!!!
My grandparents had a basset hound. Farted all the time. Same thing. Everybody would get up and leave room. The dog would just look at you like what?
His name was Boomer. Yep. You guessed it.

I haven't laughed so hard in years. I think that the membership should attempt a post like this once a week to put a little comedy back into our world rather than all of the gloom and doom that is prevalent.

Now that's gotta be "SERIOUS" if SHE volunteers to sleep on the couch!!!!!LOL
What can I say, I have a keeper of a wife. She goes to the couch, from what I hear most women would make the man sleep on the couch.
But then she might figure I'll load up the coach, and when guests come over, sit down, and the couch pillow will release a noxious gas. Wouldnt be to pleasant in the presence of company.

Has anyone ever noticed just how fast a really bad fart travels ? Good ol Bernie, rolling off a fresh one , you know, the warm ones ?
It will jump across a room quicker than a 6.5 creed !

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.