Deer farts?

Win.308Stealth

Over the last 15 years that I've been white tail hinting (all MN) I have (more so my wife) notices that my farts smell REALLY bad after I gut some deer. Ive never used gloves before this year to gut dear, but this year I used surgical gloves and its still bad. A couple of my close hunting buddies have also noticed and addmitted to this.
I speculate some dont want to admit it. My farts during deer season are so bad, I will leave an area myself after I pass gas.
I know some might not want to admit this publicly, just shoot me a pm, does this happen to you as well or is it just me and a couple buddies? Should I be wearing thicker rubber gloves?

Do you eat different food or snacks hunting? To include beverages?

Gas build up is 100% a byproduct of digestion or rather lack of in the small intestine, to much bacteria and air swallowed. This is definitely not a topic I'd ever thought I'd see when logging in today. So on the off hand this isn't a joke, it's not transferred from the deer to you by dermal contact.

So it's either something you're eating or some form of irritable bowl when butchering. That would be my guess without knowing any medical history...or anything pertinent detail. Maybe there there's a GI doc on here that through in some "non medical" advise.

Never heard of this before but I make it a habit not to smell mine or anybody else ether :rolleyes: so I can't help you with this one. But the suggestion about how to camouflage
using beer and boiled eggs will work.

Can't wait to see the posted remedies or suggestions.:eek:

J E CUSTOM

Hey, WOW! Thought I was the only one who had this condition. I think it's because we inhale the aroma of the deer's chest, abdomen and bowel cavity. Not intentionally. Just in the course of cleaning a deer, you have to breathe. Yes, I have deer gut farts also.
I also wear rubber type, surgical gloves, doesn't make a difference. What wearing gloves does do is allow me to be able to eat venison once I have cleaned it. Without gloves, I smell it on my hands for days, no matter the amount of soap, vinegar, lemon juice or anything else.
One deer without gloves, hum, sniff, sniff, taste good, chew, HARD swallow, two deer without gloves, forget it, I couldn't bear to eat it.
I grew up eating deer. My Mom is the same way, can't bear to eat it for the smell. When Dad killed a deer (and he killed a a lot of 'em) she cut the most of it up. No gloves back then.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.