Deer Brats

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
We did a couple hundred pounds of deer brats last weekend. Turned out pretty good. Was wondering if anyone has a stellar brat recipe?

I dont know that I truly know what a brat is, but my deer sausage is typically 60/40 with pork, and I tend to favor a salt, pepper, garlic taste. I cant find my recipe from last season to get the ratios, but I really liked it. And I've boiled them, grilled them, cooked in a skillet...all different but all good. I have to say though this last batch we used huge casings, and I discovered I much prefer a smaller casing.

Jalapeno/Cheddar brats are typically a well known combo. My buddy that used to work at a deer processor made a batch of blueberry/swiss brats that were awesome. It sounds like a weird combination but its amazing.

Tagging in....I'd love to see a Home Built recipe! I had a bunch made from a Moose years ago, and it was sweet to be able to grab a pack from the freezer for a quick meal....... With a big side bonus of knowing exactly what you were eating!:)

Going to be stuffing again tomorrow. Was hoping to find another recipe to try. We did about 150 lbs last weekend and will do another 100 lbs tomorrow.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts