Deer and Hogs?

In Texas it is legal to hunt over bait such as a corn or protien feeders etc. I have 4 corn feeders scatter over 1300 acres. I don't rifle hunt the feeders but rather set cameras up at them for pictures. The doe will develop a routine and show up pretty close to the same time each morning and evening. When a group of pigs start coming into a feeder during the same time the deer wont come in or will after the pigs leave. However, then there is no corn on the ground after the pigs get done thus the deer have no reason to stick around and get their picture taken if the deer come in after the pigs leave. Even if its just one solitary hog coming in shortly after the deer have showed up, the deer still move off and leave the corn to the hog. Course in a large wheat field u can see them both out there together buy not mixed together feeding side by side.
That's the NORM for what goes on where I hunt.

Did someone mention pigs

Attachments

• PICT1376.jpg
    PICT1376.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 72
I have never seen a deer that didnt hall *** at the first sight of a pig, but most other animals could careless about them... I have hunts available in a month for world class Axis if anyone is interested....

Attachments

• PICT2491.jpg
    PICT2491.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 79
I think that maybe another factor here, along with acorn's falling like crazy and rifle season all starting at the same time.
I have seen the pigs since Tuesday and two bucks were out at the corn feed last night.
Thanks fellas. Gonna go feral on the hogs! :) JohnnyK.

I have hunts available in a month for world class Axis if anyone is interested....

I have hunts available in a month for world class Axis if anyone is interested....

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.