Dedicated Turkey Gun

anyone have a source material for reduced tss loads form12 gauge?
thinking 1 1/4 oz of tss @ 1250 fps in 2 3/4 inch 12 gauge wouldn't kick and have plenty of pellets.
probally differrent blog.

I have come to dislike heavy Recoil of full out TSS loads.
I have a Benilli dedicated 12 gauge. Need some resouces for reduced recoil load. Thinking 2 3/4 , 12 gauge, 1 1/4 oz, TSS, 1250-1300 fps.
any suggestions?

I have come to dislike heavy Recoil of full out TSS loads.
I have a Benilli dedicated 12 gauge. Need some resouces for reduced recoil load. Thinking 2 3/4 , 12 gauge, 1 1/4 oz, TSS, 1250-1300 fps.
any suggestions?
..even simpler, switch over to a 20 ga or as crazy as it sounds a .410 both with #9 shot...either will level any gobbler as well as what your using...times have changed !

Observations from recent NE turkey hunt. guns don't have recoil when aimed at game, only at the range.
i want a " custom" load my 12 gauge Benilli because I already have it and it was expensive.
Three most of us hand load rifles , why not learn how to hand load shot shells( I don't mean a progressive loader for bird shot) just the way you want them to perform.
i have in my mind a 2 3/4 inch 12 gauge, 1 1/4 oz of TSS loaded at 1250 fps being perfect. Basically a 20 gauge without expen of buying a new gun.

Attachments

• DCEFCC0C-B58C-4374-B36E-2888F4742B7E.jpeg
    DCEFCC0C-B58C-4374-B36E-2888F4742B7E.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 76
I would advise you to shoot a 12 gauge with turkey loads. You might rethink the 12 since it has such an OUCH with recoil. The norm now days is 20 gauge with TSS ammo…this is what I did this past year.
That's good advice. When the 835 came out I ran out and got one so I could shoot 3 1/2" turkey loads.
First time I pulled the trigger on one when a coyote jumped out, I touched that thing off and it kicked me right in the mouth.
I had never been hit that hard, it was like getting hit with a baseball bat.
I used them for a couple more years until I got tired of being beat up. I now only use 3"

Observations from recent NE turkey hunt. guns don't have recoil when aimed at game, only at the range.
i want a " custom" load my 12 gauge Benilli because I already have it and it was expensive.
Three most of us hand load rifles , why not learn how to hand load shot shells( I don't mean a progressive loader for bird shot) just the way you want them to perform.
i have in my mind a 2 3/4 inch 12 gauge, 1 1/4 oz of TSS loaded at 1250 fps being perfect. Basically a 20 gauge without expen of buying a new gun.
Ya could just buy a MEC 600 jr for say $200 bucks, load Ur own shells. That TSS is nearly $40 bucks a pound tho.

I've gone the 20 ga route and even have a 410 o/u setup (extremely light in a Savage lightweight). But if you stick with the 12, depending on the gun, Phoenix makes a recoil-reducing adjustable stock that works wonders on a 3 1/2"!

That's good advice. When the 835 came out I ran out and got one so I could shoot 3 1/2" turkey loads.
First time I pulled the trigger on one when a coyote jumped out, I touched that thing off and it kicked me right in the mouth.
I had never been hit that hard, it was like getting hit with a baseball bat.
I used them for a couple more years until I got tired of being beat up. I now only use 3"
Not a turkey on the planet that a properly patterned 3" load won`t drop at ethical shooting range.

I would advise you to shoot a 12 gauge with turkey loads. You might rethink the 12 since it has such an OUCH with recoil. The norm now days is 20 gauge with TSS ammo…this is what I did this past year.
I've had the Benelli Nove & Super Black Eagle both 3.5 mag 12ga. Both are very nice guns. But now I'm gettin up in age, body is busted up pretty good & not in the greatest health anymore, the 20ga with TSS really is getting incredible results at ranges never even though of before, with a hellova lot less recoil/ Thats a win/win for me.

Not a turkey on the planet that a properly patterned 3" load won`t drop at ethical shooting range.
The first several turkeys I took down was almost 50 years ago with a break over 20g using #8 shot. 😁
When I was a little kid I didn't know what a turkey gun was, little did I know anything that would blow pellets out of a barrel was a turkey gun

I have been using a Benelli Nova 18" for 15+ years. It does duty as a turkey and bucshot/slug gun - I have even used for decoying geese - it's deadly at all tasks. I found an aftermarket bracket that fits to the receiver pins - has a Picatinny rail on top for mounting scope. Currently wearing a 2x fixed scope it's short and manageable for all tasks. Though all-weather friendly, the coating that Benelli puts on the Nova is not thick in the recesses and the barrel is prone to surface rust. Haven't got around to rattle-canning it with Rustoleum.