decisions, decisions!

mrbigtexan

cant decide on my next build, i have a nearly new remington 700 bdl chambered in 270 win. the problem is that it is exactly the same rifle as the older remington 700 bdl 270 that was passed on to me that belonged to my granddad. neither outshoots the other (3/4 in) with my same load even though there is a 25 yr gap between them. i wont alter my granddads rifle but i want to build another custom with the new one. i cant decide between 220 swift or 25-06 or 280 ackley improved. keep in mind, i have a 243,308,270,and a 7mag that i have spent alot of time to be great shooters. i will be overlapping as i have it pretty much covered but what would you guys suggest that i add to my collection? thank you in advance.

You really really really need a 30.06.

Get yourself a #3 contour barrel and flute it. Cut it to 22" and go kill a lot of stuff.

I love mine!

100_0245.jpg

im wanting something ive never had before, i had a 30/06 and it really done nothing for me. has anyone built a 220 swift on a long action? did it feed ok?

I know you didn't mention it, but I'm building a .284 Winchester on an older M700ADL Deluxe as a dedicated longer-range hunting rig. I find my 700 Classic in 7mm Rem Mag is beating me to death as I get older and less tolerant of recoil. Your mention of the .280AI is interesting now that it's commercially-loaded.

SSTX

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts