Decided to do some long range rock chuck practice

HuntFarther

Took one of our hunting systems, my personal custom, out, to see the accuracy when shooting at rock chucks, this is what I came up with. Video Link: [ame="http://youtu.be/GkQqQH1HRd8"]Chuckin Rocks - YouTube[/ame]

I was using the 7mm wsm it was a trued Remington action with a 27.5" hart barrel shooting a 180 hunting vld at 3035 fps. I was using a huskemaw scope.

Kirby, the camera I was using was a cannon xh a1 it has 20 x zoom so maybe that is making it look deceiving or the g7 rangefinder is out putting wrong yardages. Maybe when you get down to butte you should swing in and range it with yours. Being I have you here a good friend of mine gary darlington is really concerned about his rifle you may want to give him a call, I did not talk to him this week. Just concerned the build was promised at a year and is over two now.

I doubt the G7 is out of sorts. If your using a high BC bullet and with +3000 fps velocity, those time of flights do not seem out of the norm. The 7mm WSM is really a great little round, by far my favorite WSM for long range shooting.

Someday I will have to head down and see you guys

Garys rifle is pretty much done, just finishing up brass now for him and then accuracy testing. The hang up with around 30 projects this year has been triggers, DM systems and custom loading dies. the mess in Washington that caused the rush on the firearm industry really hammered those parts suppliers as well so its been a fight to get the accessary parts needed to finish up rifles.

Never thought that it would be triggers, DM systems and dies holding up rifle projects while having receivers, stocks and barrels sitting here waiting.

It has added 5-6 months to my shipping times over the past year and I was just getting them down to where I wanted then, which was around 12-14 months.

I know how it is everyone that is in guns has hold ups on getting stuff. You have a open invite anytime.

I will give gary a update. Thanks for that as well. He really appreciates it.

Shot Gary another update as well. Sometimes its difficult to keep the updates current with everyone when your busting your rear trying to get projects out the door but need to do a better job at that.

Have fun!!! WHen Gary gets his rifle, you should get a chance to play with one of my XHS chambered in 338 Allen Magnum!!!

Yeah we have a spot picked out to set a range up from his yard. It will be really kool to see and play with. Thanks a lot.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.