Decent boot for an elk hunt

I currently wear Kenetrek and they are absolutely awesome. Keep your eye out and they do go on sale. I got mine 20% off. Second I'd try the Crispi, try getting them off Black ovis.com or Camofire.com often has really good sales on them if you can find your size. Thats Black ovis's online outlet. Good luck
That is what I did When I purchased my Crispi Colorado's. Won't get into the deals, but Black Ovis Customer Service is Unbelievably great.

Irish Setter Trailblazer. Leather uninsulated hunting boot. Sportsman's Warehouse has them on sale for $125 right now. Normally $165 ish.
I live and hunt in this country you are headed to. For the money these boots CAN NOT be beat. Between myself and 3-4 hunting buddies we have bought about dozen pair of these boots. One pair out of the dozen or so we've bought lost the bottom piece of rubber on sole early on. ShoeGooed it back in and still wearing these boots several years later. They are damned good quality, especially at the price point they are at.
I'd recommend treating the leather with Snow Seal or like product to soften leather and give added level of water resistance. Round lugs on soles give great traction as well. I'd recommend buying one half size larger than your normal size......
Just my 2 or 222 cents

I wore Irish Setter Elk Trackers for years. Great for the price. Then a few years ago I splurged and bought a high end boot. I won't be going back. 406muley

I get it. I have a pair of USA MADE Danner Elk Hunters that are ridiculously comfortable. The extra few ounces over most other boots is what disappointments me

Plus, as I get older, a stiffer boot is required, at least for me. Still have a pair of 1000 gram Elk Trackers I use in the real cold. As said, fit is important. 406muley

I bought a pair of Danner Elk Hunters in 2008. I thought they were hideously expensive but in retrospect they were a bargain, no regrets. Awesome boot. My elk hunting has been a mix of long hikes and hours on stand glassing in frigid weather and these boots had never left my feet cold with proper socks.

I agree with the fit comment...guess that is why I like my Russell's.I have a set of there grand slam Sheep Hunters--and they might be the best "elk" boots made. They are not stiff like a technical boot--that I like for sheep and goat hunting--but are stiff enough for some hills, and are super comfortable--are they expensive...yep..but worth every penny. Best boots I've bought. I have 4 pairs of Russell's from oxfords to snake proof boots I wear round the farm..each fit great and are super durable. Again worth every penny.

Attachments

• IMG_2962.JPG
    IMG_2962.JPG
    680.2 KB · Views: 201
I smoked a pair of danner boots in 2 weeks of deer hunting, haven't touched them since. I wear asolo now and they do great, kennatreck are supposed to be just as good as are the higher end lowa. If you don't do big miles often get whatever is comfortable. But I can tell you my 400 dollar boots last me 2 years with good maintenance before I started buying asolo 200 dollar boots lasted me 6 months. You will get a lot more miles per dollar out of those high end boots.

I will say in the moderate price range vasque makes a great boot.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.