Debunked PST not being clear.

joseph

Last evening when I was going to get out of my tripod stand because it was way to dark to shoot two deer walked out into the field to my right. All I could see with my eyes was two barely visible black images.

I pulled my rifle with my Vortex 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope back up with the rope I have to pull it up and lower it with. They didn't or couldn't see me pull it up it was so dark. I sat back down and looked at them with the scope set at 6 power with the illumination turned off. I could see both of them clear enough to see one was a doe and the other was a small 4 pointer that I have taken many pictures of with my deer camera. I know where they came out from and have used my laser rangefinder to check the range and it was 80 yds. from me. Also the fine reticle at 6X was easily seen enough to have shot either one of them.

So if you read comments that you should buy other scopes because of dusk or dawn visibility of the Vortex PST scopes don't believe it. If I could see these deer at least 1/2 hour PAST shooting time they are plenty clear and sharp. :):):):)

joseph

Good feedback on the glass, glad to see your pleased. Where you in a ground blind? I use a lot of them, but to be honest I hate them. But there is not other practical way to do it sometimes.

Thanks I am very happy with this scope. I was in a 16' high tripod stand over looking a field with my food plot across the field from me. gun) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

joseph

Thats one of the few reasons I've kept my millet scope the low light visibility is outstanding, when you can't see a thing at dusk it looks like daylight through my scope, I bet the 5.5-22 vortex is the same way.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.