Deal or no deal? Timney factory 700 trigger w/safety

Darryle

I don't know if this is a deal or not, $84 at PK Firearms, figured someone might need one.

I have bought a ton of stuff from PK going back several years, don't be surprised if the trigger arrives about the time they send you tracking information.

Timney RH 700 3lb Trigger w/safety

FE70DEC3-C9C0-48BE-8667-36526B67FD55.png

Good morning,
Darryle posted about a Timney Trigger. Looking at the trigger it states that the safety blocks the trigger, not the sear. I have never dropped a large caliber rifle on its butt. I have dropped .22's accidentally and they fired with the trigger safety on. Will the Timney Trigger Safety allow a Rem 30-06 to fire when dropped on it's butt?

Good morning,
Darryle posted about a Timney Trigger. Looking at the trigger it states that the safety blocks the trigger, not the sear. I have never dropped a large caliber rifle on its butt. I have dropped .22's accidentally and they fired with the trigger safety on. Will the Timney Trigger Safety allow a Rem 30-06 to fire when dropped on it's butt?
If you watch the timney trigger installation video you will see how they test to make sure this doesn't happen.
Properly adjusted it should not fire.
I learned from my gunsmith that this is a must after messing with the trigger.