Dead on at 100yds 4inches right at 400yds

I started from scratch yesterday. Made sure everything was tight to spec zeroed at 100yds. Then did the tall target test went up 12 moa shot was right on. Went to 400yds ranged with sig kilo did what it said and bingo right on. The only thing I changed was i shot off of bags instead of bipod.

Good job, you stayed with it, got lot's of opinion's and got it figured out. I don't have enough experience shooting off the bipod to have recognized that but I'll remember your solution. I've heard of bipod's twisting or changing the POI downrange but have never experienced it myself.

Maybe I'm wrong for doing this but I set up my 7mm 1 inch to the left of center 2inches high at 100yds goes back to center at 600 yes 1x9 twist I can shoot long range to out to 800 yds for elk or deer drt right twist

have you done a tall target test ? this will show you if you're getting windage when you add elevation .

another good article to read .

have you done a tall target test ? this will show you if you're getting windage when you add elevation .

another good article to read .

Did that post #166 everything is good

This is what I use now to mount all of my scopes. Level up your rifle on both axis. Then check your scope mounts on both axis. Then level up your scope on both axis. Now that you have done this both your rifle and your scope are on the same axis. In other words level with each other. What did I do before this. Guessed at it. View attachment 220959
If your using this don't trust the level the way it comes make sure and check it against something you know for a fact is true the one I got was way off and I couldn't even adjust it to get it level.

Parallax of your optic being adjusted properly is essential. I prefer quality pic rails on the action, and quality pic rings to be used. Always level your optic with a plum Bob aka hanging vertical string line. Spin drift at 400y will be about 1-1.5" to the right.

Good job, you stayed with it, got lot's of opinion's and got it figured out. I don't have enough experience shooting off the bipod to have recognized that but I'll remember your solution. I've heard of bipod's twisting or changing the POI downrange but have never experienced it myself.
I'm given up my tripod for my Phoenix shooting bags an a backpack for prone shots. I like the slide of the rifle on recoil instead of the jump. I seem to get back on target faster.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts