Dead on at 100yds 4inches right at 400yds

No I don't . How much will wind effect the poi at 400yds
I shoot the same bullet and similar velocity. For me the magic wind is 0.1 MOA for every 3 MPH wind per 100 yards, so a 3 MPH wind at 400 yards is 0.4 MOA. This rule holds quite well out to 700 yards and is super handy in the field.

Something must of come loose. There is no way it would shift that much at 400. Do you have some hand loads that shifted you can pull down to verify powder charge. Just a though

Got my gun shooting dead on at 100yds went to 400yds it shoots 4 inches to the right. My scope is level [checked it twice] what could be causing this.
Your reticle isn't plumb with your scope's body. If your using your scope caps surface to rest your level on and it isnt square with the scopes internals it will be off when you go out shooting at longer distsnces using your elevation adjustment. Sounds like the scopes internals are tilting slightly in the clockwise direction. Square your reticle to your bore using a plumbline instead of a bubble level.

Last edited:
Always hard to diagnose problems from behind a keyboard, especially when is sounds like the basics are covered. I am a fan of shooting video of myself shooting, especially looking at the trigger finger, shooting position, are you lifting your head after the shot, etc, etc.
Most of us don't shoot enough to develop good muscle memory, so insuring one is practicing good fundamentals should be evaluated often.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.