Dead Air Nomad TI or Thunderbeast ultra 7

Am I missing something? The dominus-SR is rated for full auto and listed as 12.5 oz. The omega is listed at 14.8. Is 2.3 ounces really significant? The ultra 7 is listed as 8-10 oz depending on mount but that 2.5 - 4.5 oz difference is only slight?? Unless you are referring to the dominus CB that is not full auto rated......
For small $$ you can replace the end cap and the direct thread mount with Ti parts and shave 2-2.5oz off the omega. If I recall gets it about 12.5oz direct thread. It's money we'll spent.

I would go Gen 2 Ultra 7. It is only .75" longer, but it is .3" smaller diameter. At 8oz, it is almost 2oz lighter than the Dominus, and a lot of suppressor for the weight. Plus, cheaper.

I run covers, and I see a bit more of the Dominus through the scope.
Alright Lance i took your advice & bought the ultra 7 today. The wait begins

It was an easy choice for me, I bought another more TBAC. I have TBACs, I trust them, I don't need the modularity of the Nomad because I have SiCos.

Nomad vs SiCo is a discussion, TBAC is the answer in my world.

Soooooo does the discussion change with the Nomad Ti vs TB?

I'm interested because I have a Nomad Ti in jail right now.

So much for 90 day EForm 4 approvals! 🤬
The Nomad Ti is leaps and bounds above the TB. TBAC lives off of their reputation from years ago, but they have 0 modularity, and in general are a "settle for less but pay a premium" can. If they can overcome this in the future, it would be awesome. Everyone says "most accurate cans" but I have yet to see a comparison between any modern manufacturers based on accuracy. Modern cans don't have the disturbance issues of cans years ago, so that tells us that TB lives in the past a little bit.
There is an entire list of better cans for less money on the market, and you bought the one that's got the most performance/length available in a 30cal can. I have a Nomad 30 and a Nomad L, you will not be disappointed. You can check out my review on the Nomad30 page on SS, just look for the review with 3 videos. LRH is an TBAC echo chamber, people living in 10+ years ago and only offering advice on something based on the same philosophy as "muh 1911".

Last edited:
TB supports the shooting sports in a big way…it shows in the recommendations folks give. I don't blame folks for wanting to support the businesses that support our games/sports. By and large, I agree with Mattbowen61990 though…TB doesn't do anything special some of the other ones aren't doing.

It was best described to me that the suppressor game is a game of volume…the can with the most volume will have the most suppression. In my experience, that is correct.

I picked the Nomad and put it in jail 2 weeks before the Nomad Ti was released…yep, that is my luck. I'm happy with my choice but would've went with the Ti had I known.

I thought this was interesting

Attachments

• 4C4E0761-BA4D-49A0-B6A0-8ECDB6674F1B.jpeg
    4C4E0761-BA4D-49A0-B6A0-8ECDB6674F1B.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 102
This happens with most mass produced cans. At least they will fix it and send it back with a short turn around. Have seen omegas and harvesters with blown sleeves, Q cans destroyed, YHM destroyed, and everything else. If you make enough there will be failures, what sets them apart is how it's handled when it happens.

Been there, done that for three of them, that one was probably from the same run as mine. Official cause was the welding machine was slightly misaligned which resulted in a weak weld.

For a fun fact KGM Technologies is the one who manufactures the Nomad for Dead Air.

Been there, done that for three of them, that one was probably from the same run as mine. Official cause was the welding machine was slightly misaligned which resulted in a weak weld.

For a fun fact KGM Technologies is the one who manufactures the Nomad for Dead Air.
They make every can for dead air, usually someone else makes the mounts, but KGM makes the cans.