DE Cheek Piece - Will it fit a Tikka T3?

Eric The Red

Hi There

Hoping someone can help me. I have a Tikka T3 varmint rifle which has a picatinny rail and Nikon Monarch 6-24x56 fitted. The scope height is 2 inches.

The T3 varmint stock has a small cheek piece which is not high enough and is angled down towards the front of the rifle. I would like to remove it and replace it with the DE cheek piece. Can anyone tell me if the DE cheek piece will screw into the T3 stock, a hollow plastic (glass fiber reinforced copolymer polypropylene) material?

To answer my own question. Yes it will. It was a straight forward job fitting it using the supplied instructions.

I tested it at the range yesterday and it fits my cheek very well. It is a very solid cheek piece and lines my eye up with the scope without having to strain.

What I also like is it can be lower easily to remove the bolt simply by loosening the screws.

Thanks to Len for follow up emails to verify it would fit my rifle and the prompt mailing. 6-7 days to Australia from payment.:)

Tikka T3 Varmint 6.5x55 with recently fitted DE Cheek Piece. Last week end at a 500yd F Class practice session using AMAX 140gr, 18 out of 24 shots went into 8 inches or less. With more practice this rifle will be useful on small game ( up to 150lb) out to 500-600yds I think.

381041855.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.