DBM's that allow a 2.990 OAL ....for the 300SS?

MAD10

Hi everyone,

I've done some research and have spoken with Accurate Mag. They have confirmed the best you can get out of their mag is 2.950 > and there isn't a binder plate to remove etc. You are literally up against the metal of the magazine wall and anything larger would compromise the fit in "some" bottom metal. The mag they are referring is attached below.

That said, Rich Sherman seems to recall that someone got 2.990 out of a DBM...does anyone know who that was or what mag was used to reach the OAL?

I probably can get by running ELDM 208s at 2.950 but 2.990 obviously is ideal.

Thanks for reading,

oh I am running AICS since this will be a chassis gun not Manners or a McMillan 'esque stock > I can get the 2.990 in Wyatt extended all day long

Attachments

• Mags for 7SS or 300SS.png
    Mags for 7SS or 300SS.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I ran into same problem and have the Accurate AICS for 300WSM. There is nothing you can do to increase the COAL, the mag frame is maxed out. The 2.95 max is also the max measurement COAL and I could see potential binding during stacking when that close to max COAL. I ended up at 2.91 since it gave me best reliable feed in 700 SA without altering ramp.

What action are you running?

Can you slot the front of the mag? I've done that in 6.8spc, 308w on AR chassis, and the front of a poly win xpr mag bolt action too.
Screenshot_20210303-055358_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
I ran into same problem and have the Accurate AICS for 300WSM. There is nothing you can do to increase the COAL, the mag frame is maxed out. The 2.95 max is also the max measurement COAL and I could see potential binding during stacking when that close to max COAL. I ended up at 2.91 since it gave me best reliable feed in 700 SA without altering ramp.

What action are you running?
I'm starting with the mag first....this way the brand of action for the most part is irrelevant.

Seems there isn't a detachable mag that is longer because the magazine "well" dictate the outside mag measurements which in turn dictate the inside oal. Hence why most build off obendorf with a fixed wyatt extended box.

All good!.... now that I know the why I can make better decisions

That is the right way! I just had a SA 700 to use so no choice! It really hampers the opportunity. Build with COAL first is always preferable like you are doing. Post up what you end up with! Sounds like its going to be sweet build.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.