Day pack/ rifle scabbard recommendation

Question, where do you get the chance to try on a kuiu? I am short, 5'6" and not very big, 145 dripping wet. The eberlestock's are too big, as in I cannot tighten them up enough to get the weight onto my hips instead of on the shoulders. I do a fair amount of backpacking during the offseason and tried several packs before I found one where I can carry a 40# kit for several days. That is tent, sleeping bag, food, clothes, stove fuel and water.

Hunting I usually carry a day pack but have not been able to find one to make an extended hunt with. When I need to go for 2-3 days I carry my big pack and have tied a sling that fits over both shoulders and over my pack. I have heard great things about the kuiu packs but want to try one on before I drop that kind of change.

Call them, I think they'll send you a few packs and you return what you don't want. If you buy Kuiu icon, make sure it is the icon pro.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts