David Gentry anybody use him?

halfbreed

Hello all, has anybody had him to do any of their long range smithing?
I had a 458 winnie in there for a m-brake, great work, quick turn around, and very likeable people.
But, how about long range,1000yard hunting rifles?

Thanks,John

Halfbreed
I've sent 2 rifles to Gentry for muzzlebrakes.
.300 Win Mag Sako
.300 Rum Winchester
Very satisfied with the brakes, the turn around and the products.
I'll also be very interested in any responses reguarding Gentry. I've just about shot out the barrell in the .300 Rum searching for a good load and am considering rebarreling it. I'm comfortable with them and would consider them for my work.

I do not have a Gentry rifle but wouldn't mind it if any of you have too many guns.
wink.gif
I could be wrong about this but my recollection is that he has a wonderful reputation in regards to building fine custom hunting rifles, top notch all the way. I do NOT recall ever having seen his name associated with the long range thing, though, a) I may have missed it, b) it's not that much of a leap, c)I may be full of it. Why don't you give them a call and ask? If he has done it he would likely give you a reference or two. Or maybe he is just drooling in anticipation as he awaits a chance to work with one of the fine learned gents from this forum.
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.