Dave Manson sold business

Well that's good to know. Dave was an old school guy. The last cartridge drawing I sent him his reamer print he sent back was hand drawn. Not many like that left anymore.

I guess I'll get my next reamers on order while he's still hanging around at least.
Thanks, all, for the (mostly) favorable comments. Yes, Ann and I did sell the company. No, we didn't sell it to Bill Gates or the PRC. Instead it went to a local vendor of ours (high precision screw machine work) who we'd gotten to know over the years as reliable, and likely to continue the type of relationship with customers we tried to build over the years. The owners are both hunters and shooters who share our values and ethics. Even though the sale hadn't gone through at the time, anyone who stopped by our booth at SHOT 2022 would have been able to meet them. I asked them to attend SHOT so they would get a feel for what our customers expect of us, as well as getting a glimpse into our industry.

One of the first things they asked in discussions prior to the sale was, "will you stay on to help through the transition?" I responded that I wouldn't sell the business otherwise--so I'll be around on a part-time basis for up to a year.

All the shop guys are still here, and we're looking to hire a few more in order to reduce wait times. A new scheduling and inventory system has been put in place to make responses to your queries about product availability and backlogs faster and more accurate. On-line/ website ordering is on the drawing board and should be available in the not-too-distant future. New office personnel are helping make this happen, as well as reducing customers' frustration at not being able to get through on the phone.

So, new owners of what so far resembles the same old company. I'll do what I can to maintain standards we established over the years, working with the new owners who are definitely on board with this. If you're an old customer, expect to be treated at least as well as you were in previous years. If you're a yet-to-be customer, please contact us for the best tooling for your latest project.

Best regards to all,

Dave Manson

Thanks, all, for the (mostly) favorable comments. Yes, Ann and I did sell the company. No, we didn't sell it to Bill Gates or the PRC. Instead it went to a local vendor of ours (high precision screw machine work) who we'd gotten to know over the years as reliable, and likely to continue the type of relationship with customers we tried to build over the years. The owners are both hunters and shooters who share our values and ethics. Even though the sale hadn't gone through at the time, anyone who stopped by our booth at SHOT 2022 would have been able to meet them. I asked them to attend SHOT so they would get a feel for what our customers expect of us, as well as getting a glimpse into our industry.

One of the first things they asked in discussions prior to the sale was, "will you stay on to help through the transition?" I responded that I wouldn't sell the business otherwise--so I'll be around on a part-time basis for up to a year.

All the shop guys are still here, and we're looking to hire a few more in order to reduce wait times. A new scheduling and inventory system has been put in place to make responses to your queries about product availability and backlogs faster and more accurate. On-line/ website ordering is on the drawing board and should be available in the not-too-distant future. New office personnel are helping make this happen, as well as reducing customers' frustration at not being able to get through on the phone.

So, new owners of what so far resembles the same old company. I'll do what I can to maintain standards we established over the years, working with the new owners who are definitely on board with this. If you're an old customer, expect to be treated at least as well as you were in previous years. If you're a yet-to-be customer, please contact us for the best tooling for your latest project.

Best regards to all,

Dave Manson
Here's to wishing you a enjoyable retirement

Best regards to all,

Dave Manson
Dave,

Congrats on your well-deserved retirement. It is always nice to know that a company that most of us have become accustomed to trusting will continue to build quality products and that the new owners have the same mindset as yours. You and Ann have always responded to my queries and needs, and your product delivery/completion is spot on. Again, congrats!

Ed

Best regards to all,

Dave Manson
Have a long, fun, and healthy retirement! All the best! You will be missed.

My last 20 years was in installing Operable walls. The men I worked with are very good at getting things about as accurate as possible. Changes were slow, but improved. In standing the walls a crew of 7 men, we could stand about 20 to 25 panels per day. I remember at LA convention center there was a glass cart the window men were using. It sat most of the time chained or lock up . We always had a 3' key to undo locks. We borrow the cart, and modified it some and used it.😅 We didn't gain any more panels stood each day, but it was a hell of a lot easier on us. Less men to move the panel into position to stand. I was overseeing a crew in L. Vegas, and that part of the company also got a glass cart. So we didn't need the cart in Mexico-North, so I brought it along, figuring it would speed things up. It did and we double the amount of panels stood each, but moved into the 50 panels a day. So I got 2 more carts for the Mexico-north crew for a total of 3. That increased the production to 60+ panels a day.
My foreman before me used a mag-base dill to drill the steel beams. I carried that on. I know that other operable wall crews in other companies, are still using hand drills to drill those holes, and including Iron workers. Some never learn. Anyway we got in a new General Manger about 1 1/2 before I was sent down the road. He came from manufacturing and not construction based. He would tell me that the General Contractors schedule were gold, and we should be there installing those schedule dates. We use to drive around 2 to 3 days a week looking at job that were not ready yet. I stop that all most on the spot after taking over. Well the GM went back to what was done 10 years before that. Put in a kid that didn't know his butt to a hole in the ground. They lost Hundreds of Thousands in about 1 1/2 yrs. They went broke. My last full year there, we were ahead by $281,000.00. 7 men including me. I retired that same day. 14 yrs ago. LEADERSHIP IS THE NAME OF THE GAME! Sometime it takes a bit of time to figure who can and who can't.