Dave Manson sold business

Never knew Manson but from all your statments it apears that manson tended to all your needs most probably working long hours and bringing a lot home to finish for years spending more time with his customers than his family but providing for his family as we would. Now he turns his remaining years to his family to regain so much that was lost servicing us. I would think we should be glad you got to know a good man and hope we might get to know a new man taking his place and give him time to get to know us and our life as hunters and long range shooters and just let him know he's got a lot to live up to as a freind and new owner. we all win with just a little respect and a little time.

Didn't mean to derail the thread!
Sorry!
Don't want to derail either but thanks for speaking up for us. You put it very well. Straw purchases happen all the time now even with some of the locals that don't get along. More so when farms go to auction and not private sale. Best solution and I've said this for years, most countries do NOT allow foriegn ownership as it should be here. Again sorry for the derail.

I think the way people retire, the condition they leave behind, says something about how they really were.
A professional always ensures a bumpless transfer.
If the process fails on a single person's departure, at any time, however abrupt, that person was not helping the organization, but hurting it.

I learned this early in the military, and it has held up through 2 careers since.
If I were promoted to another position, and my past position failed behind me, that would have been seen as sabotage, and the last of my promotions for sure. The problem with most 'leaders' in their field is that they have never fallen accountable to this, and they were never actually leaders. You just don't see it until they leave.
I received a custom wildcat reamer in the mail about a month ago that was ordered in March and was delivered at the end of the time window it was promised back then. I had a great experience ordering the reamer then. I'm not sure when exactly the transition was suppose to have take place, and I can't couch for the quality of work on this one because I'm nowhere near ready to have a chamber cut yet. However, based on what I do know, it apprears as though the transition must have been pretty seamless. I will update this if I find out that's not the case as far as workmanship, but Manson may have still been there at the time this was made and/or shipped. If it happened several months ago, I have no complaints at all. Email worked very well in communicating to get this cut. They sent me 2 or 3 drawings in a timely manner (within a couple days each) and the final ordering process was no problem. As a matter of fact, the guy I talked to knew where to get a 2nd reamer that I asked for and couldn't find anywhere else in a desk drawer in the office, so I was able to buy one on the spot, which was shipped immediately after oil grooves were added (took about 10 - 14 days in production to add) is being used by Pac-Nor for a youth model/ultralight project, and the 2nd one that I was told would take 14 - 16 weeks took exactly 16 weeks. I have no complaints as of this writing. Try email vs telephone if you have trouble getting an answer. They are probably in the shop quite a bit and don't hear the phone, but maybe check emails atbthe end or beginning of the day. Just my experience.

The customer IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT ! Simple as that ......

I've dealt with some of the worst whiners & complainers I've ever had to deal with in my life.... and they were gun guys .....

One guy was ruined by being born with a silver spoon and taking over daddy's company, felt entitled to special treatment above everyone and demanded it ..... chopped ...

another fella felt that since he'd built a rifle in one of my wildcats, I was suddenly in his debt for life, 24-7 390 days a year lol .. chopped ..

I don't suffers fools gladly ... ever ....

there are some really sensitive, needy and demanding fools out there in the gun community, pretty freakin lame
They're everywhere. Use to be less so among "sportsmen," but that term became outdated in the '80s or early '90s, I'm afraid. I don't think many nowdays can fullybcomprehend what that term actually entailed.

Dave Manson is a stand up guy.Any one who thinks other wise simply does not know him.I would bet all customers who had ordered from him were taken care of before he sold.
I had 2 Reamers on order with them ordered about 8 weeks apart. Both were quoted at 16 weeks. Reamer #1 showed up right on time. Reamer #2 showed up 2 days later about 8 weeks ahead of scheduled.

I think the way people retire, the condition they leave behind, says something about how they really were.
A professional always ensures a bumpless transfer.
If the process fails on a single person's departure, at any time, however abrupt, that person was not helping the organization, but hurting it.

I learned this early in the military, and it has held up through 2 careers since.
If I were promoted to another position, and my past position failed behind me, that would have been seen as sabotage, and the last of my promotions for sure. The problem with most 'leaders' in their field is that they have never fallen accountable to this, and they were never actually leaders. You just don't see it until they leave.
Remember (at least as far as the military goes) when you were told that the day you move into a new position, you should start training your replacement? SOP

It is painfully obvious these days that just because one man can do something, doesn't mean there is anyone else alive on the entire planet that can do what he can do.

We are all uniquely and specially made, and the greatest contributions in our history are always attached to a single person. There might have been a team effort, but ONE PERSON is remembered as being the critical component in our forward progress.

Some men, are unable to be matched.

Weak men use this fact to rip and claw at strong men. Strong men use this fact to encourage and inspire.
Orkan I told my girlfriend I was special and she said BS?

I sent an e-mail out last night at 12:56 AM MST, and below is the e-mail response I got.

1660083271089.png

I sent an e-mail out last night at 12:56 AM MST, and below is the e-mail response I got.

View attachment 386113
Well that's good to know. Dave was an old school guy. The last cartridge drawing I sent him his reamer print he sent back was hand drawn. Not many like that left anymore.

I guess I'll get my next reamers on order while he's still hanging around at least.