Darn Non-Resident Hunters?!?

I've seen it come up on a lot of threads and am so confused by this concept of "non-residents" being bad stewards of the land/resource (trash, disrespectful, bad sportsman, etc), YET most hunters hunt multiple states!! Does that mean they are perfect citizens in their own state, then complete degenerates in the non-res states??!!

Or maybe, bad apples are just that! I have family who hunt and live in a few other western states, and am in the field a lot Aug - Jan…..my brother and I alone have 7 hunts in 4 states this year. During all my time in the field, I have seen absolute no correlation between res and non-res with respect to being bad stewards, and again, for all those hunters that claim non-res people are the problem, I hope you are all looking in the mirror the next time you hunt outside your home state.

By the way, I'm the guy who will always welcome you into my camp to chat or have a beer, and genuinely want to support my fellow hunters. If you have a flat tire, I will offer to help. If you are in the camp next to me and are a slob, I'm going to stop on my way out to clean it up (and likely report you). AND, I'm a big believer in supporting the local small business owners (motels, super market, restaurants, gun stores, etc) and local guides/outfitters (when I am too busy with family or work to scout a new area).

IMO, I see this non res BS here and elsewhere a lot when residents are trying to justify changing res vs non res fees or allocations. But again, MOST hunters are both res and non res hunters, so I scratch my head. On this particular subject, I do think the actions of one (state) can ruin it for the rest of the states, so I do wish their was a 'Western State Alliance (equal representation from each state)' to set basic standards on allocation/etc……that way, no one feels like they can screw people for the sake another state did it (ie - change to 90/10 or worse b/c their residents have to deal with that as non-residents in the boardering/surrounding states)…..BTW, this isn't a 90/10 debate, just using as an example.

Good luck to all the res and non res hunters on your hunts this year and keep a look out for those bad apples!
How do you know that it always Non-residents leaving trash everywhere? You guys are always out to blame the Non-resident hunters for trash, when a lot the trash is left by residents as well. There are bad hunter in the Non-resident and resident hunters. So don't go blaming 100% of the trash left out on a Non-resident hunter unless.you have a 100% definite proof stuffnis left by a Non-resident.

How do you know that it always Non-residents leaving trash everywhere? You guys are always out to blame the Non-resident hunters for trash, when a lot the trash is left by residents as well. There are bad hunter in the Non-resident and resident hunters. So don't go blaming 100% of the trash left out on a Non-resident hunter unless.you have a 100% definite proof stuffnis left by a Non-resident.
I think you should go back and read the original post again!! I'm primarily an out of state hunter and fed up with people pointing the blame at non residents, simply because it's easy to do so……

One thing we need to do as a community, is move away from painting broad strokes on 'Texans' or 'Californians'……it's total BS and drives wedges into our community, which is a community of outdoorsman/hunters. The more divided we are, the more the government and anti's can compromise our rights!!
It is very intentional on the part of the " powers that be" to create in fighting as a way to destroy us. And that goes equally for outdoors recreation , racial, or political affiliation . We are very intentionally being coerced into hating anything we are not. Been going on since the early 60s and getting more intense daily in this wonderful ( and i say that with utmost sarcasm ) tech savvy world we have been FORCED into.

flashing. Just wait my friend, you got some 80,000 illegals headed your way. You should see what border looks like in regards to trash, it would make you vomit. Forget several strains of virus and venereal disease.

flashing. Just wait my friend, you got some 80,000 illegals headed your way. You should see what border looks like in regards to trash, it would make you vomit. Forget several strains of virus and venereal disease.
Well, the important thing is we are letting them in the country without any requirements of patriotism or training for how our system of government is SUPPOSE to work ( said again , with massive heaping piles of sarcasm !)

Out of state hunter and people. I have read about it and replied about it. Being I was from Mexico-North (aka Calif.) One of the bigger problem is the people that coming to Mexico-North from all the other states. Most of the people that I knew in the 50's were petty level headed. Now today that's a different story. I just got done reading about a hiker in San Diego area that got dehydrated over the weekend. Everything is drier than hell here. No phone, so he or she lights a signal fire for help for location. Burns 2 acres before it's put out. DAM THOSE OUT-OF-STATERS. 😍 Got to love it when a plan comes together. So the next time you think about or determine where a person is from, thing again, because more than likely they originally came from another state to start with.

l read the other day lots more of the PEOPLES LAND(National Forests and BLM lands) are opening up to everyone due to the Fed Govt buying private land that has blocked access to Land Owned By The People in Wyoming, Montana, Colorado.

Finally --The Fed Govt doing something RIGHT😇

l read the other day lots more of the PEOPLES LAND(National Forests and BLM lands) are opening up to everyone due to the Fed Govt buying private land that has blocked access to Land Owned By The People in Wyoming, Montana, Colorado.

Finally --The Fed Govt doing something RIGHT😇
Something right. It's about time, the last 18months has been ugly.