Dangerous game rifle builders

I have a custom Frank Wells-built 416 Rigby on a ZKK602 Mauser style action in classic Express Rifle form: Barrel Band, Express sights, Shilen SS Barrel, single set trigger. 1/2 MOA gun all day everyday. XXX wood. Been to RSA several times + Tanzania. Killed a b*ttload of Cape Buffalo with it + Black Wildebeest @ 450 yds, Sable @ 425, Zebra @ 350, Hippo @ 10 yds, etc. Smooth and dead reliable in absolutely perfect condition.

Above poster is correct - don't mess with success - 400 grain A-Frames are good to go. Had several PHs want to trade me their 458 Lott's + big money for it after they watched the results!

Pm me if interested. I have a literal ton of ammo for it, too.

very nice , but a .460 Weatherby is not on my list of calibers I want HA. 100 lbs of recoil is off the charts. I have no need for that kind of knock down power either.
The recoil is totally manageable with the brakes...and the best thing about the .460 when hunting dangerous game is...if you miss the first shot...you climb up the barrel and hide!

416 Rigby accuracy.

FYI

416 Rigby.jpg

I would and did call on Dennis Olson (406) 826-3790 out of Plains, MT to do my 458 Lott. He's a good, honest bolt action rifle builder who has made a name for himself on the dangerous game rifles. He built me a 458 Lott on a Winchester 70 that runs pretty good. I think he can build most anything...model 70, mauser 98, 1917, CZ 550, fiberglass stock, wood stock....he seems to have quite a bit of experience in making most of that stuff.

This guy comes highly recommended too and will build off CZ or Win70.

Pretty good used selection here:

Last edited:

Recent Posts