DANG! Hunt Now Off

Sorry to hear that. It's been years since I got to hunt big game, family responsibilities take priority here. I hope you feel better soon for the next hunt!

So my buddy @skipglo calls me up to cheer me up to tell me don't worry I have EXACTLY what you need. Off road ATV custom walker for me to hunt with! Looking forward to hunting with him next year! My wife has already stated she doesn't think she trusts me with him for a week! What does she mean by that?

What a pal! 😂

ATV Walker.jpg

So my buddy @skipglo calls me up to cheer me up to tell me don't worry I have EXACTLY what you need. Off road ATV custom walker for me to hunt with! Looking forward to hunting with him next year! My wife has already stated she doesn't think she trusts me with him for a week! What does she mean by that?

What a pal! 😂

View attachment 305224
Just missing the towing straps!😅 Darn fine pic though! What are friends for! As for the fine wife....she just doesn't know me yet...then she'll know for SURE...not just think!

What a pal! 😂

View attachment 305224
I confess to having looked seriously at a motorized chair with tracks.

That stinks brother. I feel for you got 7 Vertebrate fused and disc's collapsed under them. I get the injections for some relief sometimes they work sometimes they don't. The surgeon wants to fuse 4 more with expected loss of 40% more mobility told him Id have to be dying of pain before I did that. My initial fusion was result of IED in Iraq. I know it sucks missing the hunt but I came to the conclusion along time back that being alive and enjoying my family was priority if I get to hunt great I'm just thankful for what I can still do. Hope you feel better soon you will be in thoughts and prayers...
I'm sorry to hear all that.

I had my most recent done largely from the prediction it was all collapsing, and progressive. Absent surgeries I wouldn't be walking etc. in the near future.

I'm not sure yet how sound a choice I made, but they also put multiple rods, and a metal spacer between 2 vertebrae. I don't know if such options are available to you.

One neurosurgeon referred me to another more specialized surgeon, so just FYI, there might be other options.

I'm sorry to hear all that.

I had my most recent done largely from the prediction it was all collapsing, and progressive. Absent surgeries I wouldn't be walking etc. in the near future.

I'm not sure yet how sound a choice I made, but they also put multiple rods, and a metal spacer between 2 vertebrae. I don't know if such options are available to you.

One neurosurgeon referred me to another more specialized surgeon, so just FYI, there might be other options.
My wife has rods and screws from L2-S1. Works well if you don't wait too long.

Fellas, the walker humor was just that and I do realize a lot of us are looking at similar devices to keep us hunting longer. I hope you all realize that plus I am in that category as well. Nothing is off the table from now on, I was talking about that with Skip that the older and more physically challenged we get, we need to get creative in how we continue what we all love to do as long as we breathe.

Maybe we should start a thread in assisted hunting devices etc?

Fellas, the walker humor was just that and I do realize a lot of us are looking at similar devices to keep us hunting longer. I hope you all realize that plus I am in that category as well. Nothing is off the table from now on, I was talking about that with Skip that the older and more physically challenged we get, we need to get creative in how we continue what we all love to do as long as we breathe.

Maybe we should start a thread in assisted hunting devices etc?
I'm in....and geared towards DIY would be helpful too.

Muddy:

I know that's supposed to be a joke, but my wife has severe stenosis and can't walk without a walker. This presented a problem when she wanted to go see her horses, which were in a corral with deep sand, and her walker would not move through the sand. Then someone put us on to the "Beachwalker," which is a regular walker with balloon tires, and she can now go out to see her horses. It's a real thing!