Dall sheep 08

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
As many of you know, I have been very busy lately in competetive archery and havent spent much time testing rifles or writing about them. To take even more of my time, my wife and I are expecting our first child in January 09! We find out Thursday what gender it will be. Last year I harvested a small but nice looking ram due to the fact that my hunting area was to be a draw only area this year. I wanted to play in my sand box one last time before it went to a draw unit. Well, I applied for my hunting area and drew it! So I went to a different drainage to look for a bigger ram than I have harvested or at least bigger than what I had been seeing in the drainages I had been hunting the last few years. While I was successfull in seeing a true giant (B&C caliber ram) I wasent able to get him. I did see a couple of double broomed rams and decided to try and harvest one of those. I have always wanted a double broomed ram. On 8-19-08, I finally was able to connect on a 9 year old double broomed ram with 13.5" bases at 400 yards. A full story will follow soon. For now here are some pictues to tide you all over.

The drop off point

IMG_01993.JPG

One of the glaciers close to the harvest site.

IMG_02121.JPG

The glacier closest to the harvest site.

IMG_02132.JPG

My ram.

IMG_02161.JPG

IMG_02211.JPG

IMG_02221.JPG

More pictures are in the next post.

Congratulations Michael ;);)

Beautiful country, ram and pictures. You're lucky to live in such beautiful country that most of us only dream about.ge(

I'm looking forward to the write up and maybe some more pics.

Thanks Michael, good to hear from you again. Great pics, that rams got some good character.

Congrats too on the upcoming addition to your family.

Cheers!

Michael,

Congratulations on that great ram and your soon to be; new addition to your family....and to think that I was doing so well managing my sheep hunting withdrawal symptoms, that is up until this post....Thanks for the photos

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.