Dad Suffocates Coyote That Attacked Child

Being from NH, the coyotes in this state are unstinking real. We have so many of them. I always carry a handgun on me when I archery hunt for this reason. Theyve killed 4 of our beagles and tore up others. I dont care what I'm hunting but when I see a coyote it immediately turns into a coyote hunt. Shoot em all! Good on dad for taking care of buisness!

About the same time, in Ohio, a State Trooper was assisting a stranded motorist when a yoke ran up to him and bit his arm. Hw tried CS and a Taser (not sure why Inless he was planning to cuff the coyote). Finally shot the critter. Lots of criticism on police sites about not killing it after being bitten. Why leave it to the next person who gets attacked to do the dirty work.

Another topic. We winter in the Tucson area and have a coyote den about 50 feet from the back wall. Open space which varies from 1-4 feet aboveground level. Never, never let my dogs go outside without being close and armed.

The dad should sue the state of Ca. For letting the lions get out of control by sneaking an initiative in to a prop that past in the 1990's that puts moritorium on lion hunting. They are so overpopulated that they run of of deer to eat that they come into towns for a free meal. Humans have been attacked and killed in Ca.. The state pays trappers to kill them with taxpayer money. No, don't let the Game and fish control them and make money off tags. That would mean the evil hunters get to kill them. I posted story on here not long ago about what a game warden told me. The Ca. sacred animal is way out of control. With them and the coyotes it's no wonder why their deer herds are dwindling . Not to mention black bears and poachers .
As if that wasn't bad enough as of Jan 1st this year we can no longer hunt bobcats. DFG also kills a LOT of problem bears here because they banned the use of dogs to hunt them and now there are too many.

Looks like "mama bear" was right in the thick of things, too. She got the kiddos sequestered away, then jumped into the fray with a big stick; probably why they gave her shots, to be on the safe side. A big "atta girl" to her!
I'm impressed by this family and the way they handled this. They not only get outdoors regularly (not the all-too-common couch-potato fatties), but used common sense in taking two adults along with kids in an isolated area. Looks like dad had no choice to handle it the only way he did. But say, he had slipped and hit his head and was knocked unconscious and mom wasn't around, the poor kids would have been left alone at the mercy of this rabid beast.

Also, our Eastern coyotes have been shown to possess both wolf and domestic dog DNA (dad did say it looked like a German Shepard.) Not only larger, but probably also less fearful of humans than their western counterparts.

Last edited:
As if that wasn't bad enough as of Jan 1st this year we can no longer hunt bobcats. DFG also kills a LOT of problem bears here because they banned the use of dogs to hunt them and now there are too many.
Dictator Newsom proposed the bobcat ban not G&F . Isn't that just like California ? Disgusting . They stop hound hunting and put them out of business . They try to end trapping. Soon you will have just trees to shoot at. They pick away at your 2nd amendment rights and hunting with no end to it. Glad I'm out of there and in a free state now.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.