Dad and I got our first Antelope

My dad and I each harvested our first antelope this past week in Wyoming. We hunted with Erick Mares at High Pines Outfitters and couldn't have had a better experience. My dad harvested his at 340yards with my 30-06 shooting 150gr TTSX. Mine was 254yards with my 260 with 120gr TTSX.
That's Great I killed one and a mule deer with my son who lives in Sheridan WY. Didn't draw a tag this season.

Thank you all for your congrats. We had an excellent time. This will likely be my dads first and last goat due to deteriorating health but it sure was a memorable experience. I enjoyed harvesting mine but the highlight of the trip was helping and watching my dad harvest his goat and muley. We drove out and stopped at a few national parks and made some real good memories and a couple not so good, but hey that's life!
Great pics! I hope you have more - plenty to memorialize the trip for a long time. Remember, it also starts with you. Take your own kiddos out hunting and continue your families enjoyment together.

That's awesome, Two nice goats for you guys. Well done!

I remember my first antelope was in SE MT 2005. Had a Benelli R1 in 300 WM, 150 SST's. Doe ran up to me and I had a 30 yard shot.

Hell of a pair for your first time!

WOW!!! Your right , it was the 6.5 Creed, way before the 6.5 Creed Craze!!!! Very nice. It obviously works very well in your hands!!! You and dad, 2 goats , Memory of a Live time!!!!! Congrats again Buddy

My first, and only Antelope hunt was a terrible learning lesson for me. The 270 Weatherby Mag was loaded with Mule deer bullets when we came upon the antelope. Pre range finder days of 1980., about 150 yards. I hit the poor creature 4 times with the 150 grain bullets as he ran. When he turned, I saw the 4 blood trails through the scope, running down his side. I was making holes, with little to no bullet expansion. I learned right then, that small soft skinned animals should not be shot with tough bullets meant for bigger animals . I have never forgotten that experience of my first Wyo. Mule Deer and Antelope hunt. Nice antelope, but an important Hunting lesson.