Czech Mouflon

Buffalobwana

Got back from Czech Republic couple months ago. Hunted Roe Deer and free range Mouflon. We hunted a reclaimed coal mine for the sheep. The sheep love it there. They come down out of the mountains and roam all over the coal mine.

It was hot, but it was dead center of the Roe Deer rut. These little deer are every bit as ferocious as our Whitetail and Mulies when they fight. I had a knock down, drag out fight right in front of me one evening. Why I didn't film it is a mystery. I was enjoying the moment too much I guess.

Attachments

• EEC00BAF-C8ED-43C0-B8D2-42E38DCA0DCE.jpeg
    EEC00BAF-C8ED-43C0-B8D2-42E38DCA0DCE.jpeg
    583.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 1912E408-CA72-4F09-8F09-F4974A910128.jpeg
    1912E408-CA72-4F09-8F09-F4974A910128.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
I'd be interested to know who you hunted with. Fantastic looking sheep and I think my wife might bite on a combo Europe trip with some hunting. Plus it seems Europe and Asia are a far better value than hunting in the states these days.

Congrats on a cool trip!

I'd be interested to know who you hunted with. Fantastic looking sheep and I think my wife might bite on a combo Europe trip with some hunting. Plus it seems Europe and Asia are a far better value than hunting in the states these days.

Congrats on a cool trip!
Europe is a really good value. You can do free range Stag, Fallow and Boar for the cost of a high end elk hunt. I love Africa, but I'm on to other continents now.

The guy who I hunted the sheep with did a great job, but it's not something I'd recommend to someone looking for a European hunting experience. The guy I hunted roe deer with was a contact I made through talk forums who has a house in CZ. It wasn't a guided hunt through a proper hunting outfitter. Just a guy who offered to take us hunting on a friends ranch.

I'll pm you some names of guys to go with in Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia.