CZ550 458 Win or Lott

AHR, he does primarily the CZ format rifles, NO ONE really knows that model better, now that said, there is a group outta MO that does work for CZ and takes the large bores and does "custom shop work". I'd have to dig for the name if your interested in that route. But if you send to AHR i'd look at a few other improvements, like trigger and maybe some action smoothing and reliability work, its a bargain for what your getting.

the Hornady is making brass this month I am waiting for 100 pieces and will be good for many years, the best powder going now is AA2230, I load 78 grains of it with the Barnes 450 gr TSX at 2320 fps and 5300 pounds energy.we are trying to get Barnes to make a 400 TSX which would be great as they just made a bunch for Buffalo bore but their ammo is 120.00 per box of 20 rounds. African hunters are finding that with the TSX bullet there is no real need for a solid 510 gr bullet the 450 does it very well. the current 400 gr Barnes is to soft at higher velocity better in a 45-70. we are loading the rounds at a col of 3.670 and they feed well with no mods. I getting 2550fps with the Hornady 350 gr and 78 gr of aa2230. so a Lott is not needed. thanks

shortgrass The 338 win has been pretty scarce as well - have not looked at Graf in years just the usual like Midway / Brownells

hydehunter - Hornady brass is fine how do I order from them that's going to save me a bunch of headaches. I have 150 500gr Hornady SP I wanted to load & sight rifle in.

The rifle I have is as smooth as any other Mauser / Winchester I have owned - the trigger does not seem bad either a tad bit of creep.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.