CZ rifles

Mr.Moa

Haven't noticed any threads on here bout CZ rifles. Anyone used one or built one up? Would like to know how you think of there rifles. I've only shot one of there 22s so i dont know to much on them but they seem like nice guns. I do love their pistols ... theyre pretty sweet. If anyone know anything about them any info would be nice. How would you compare them to companies like Remington, Savage, Ruger, and so on for factory rifles?

I built up a 221 Fb on a 527, and own a 6.5x55 on a 550. I like both of them alot. I am a claw guy if I can find good deals on them. The 527 action is very nice on the small cases.

Exelent rifles, i have a 550 30-06, vary accurate just change the trigger, i don`t have any trouble shooting 400 mts. with factory ammo

I recently purchased a CZ 550 Varmint Laminate in a .308.I must say,I'm quite impressed with it.Not only is it a great shooting rifle,the thing is built like a tank.I show beside my Remington Sendero,so you can kinda get the idea.It has a set trigger that breaks with a very light touch at less than 1 lb. and the regular trigger can be adjusted to your liking if you don't want to use the set trigger.Here's a group I shot with it on my first outing.

Attachments

• REM. 700 SENDERO&CZ550LAM. 003.jpg
    REM. 700 SENDERO&CZ550LAM. 003.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 71
  • REM. 700 SENDERO&CZ550LAM. 005.jpg
    REM. 700 SENDERO&CZ550LAM. 005.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 70
I've owned one of their little 527 Americans. Great little rifle; pretty well-finished and decent-to-good wood, flawless mini-Mauser action, set trigger as a bonus. And C-Z America seems to have a decent rep. for customer service. My next rifle will probably be a C-Z. Didn't say what cal. you're interested in, but, for example their walnut stock heavy-barrel 527 Varmint model is now selling retail several places (such as budsgunshop.com) for not much over 600 bucks - a great bargain on a .223 or .204. One issue, at least with the 527s and possibly other models is bolt handle/scope ocular bell interference with lower-than-stock ringmounts; can be cured by having handle re-bent by either the factory or co.'s like jamescalhoon.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.